Gibson Brands Forums

LIMITED DOVES IN FLIGHT 1 OF 40 MADE MV

BigDawg007

Limited Doves in Flight 1 of 40 made model with TRANS BLUE back and sides FLAMED MAPLE AT MV IN BOZEMAN, MT

Sounds bright to me. Not a fan of the trans blue. It doesn't sound thin just more brilliance in tone because the maple sound is there. They went crazy with the Doves Inlays. No price posted because they aren't an Online Certified Gibson Dealer even though they are a 5-Star Gibson Dealer.

What do you guys and gals with well trained ears think?

Yeah, the blue doesn't do it for me either, but it sounds pretty good to my old ears, pretty well balanced.........perhaps a little quiet, not so much volume.......could be the recording though. Tasteful bling, I think, nothing over-the-top, but not a guitar I'd buy.

Always bothers me when I see a player strumming/picking between the sound hole and the bridge on an acoustic. Produces a thin sound. Play over the sound hole, not behind it. As far as the bling, I'm pretty sure it's standard Doves In Flight except for the blue back and sides. Who needs a D45? :rolleyes:

Always bothers me when I see a player strumming/picking between the sound hole and the bridge on an acoustic. Produces a thin sound. Play over the sound hole, not behind it. As far as the bling, I'm pretty sure it's standard Doves In Flight except for the blue back and sides. Who needs a D45? :rolleyes:

Looks awful in blue, dont like it. With the strumming placement, I find with Martins its not a bad thing to play a bit behind the soundhole to get a bit more balance and less boom. With Gibsons you can strum anywhere and they stlll will sound great.

With the strumming placement, I find with Martins its not a bad thing to play a bit behind the soundhole to get a bit more balance and less boom. With Gibsons you can strum anywhere and they stlll will sound great.

Different strokes for different folks, EA (no pun intended). The boom of a Martin is what I like about them. I also feel you get a much richer sound from strumming almost any guitar near the soundhole.

I was just at the plant the day before yesterday, and saw a few of these models there. Very nice looking to be sure.

P1210698_zps8hri9omc.jpg

I did not have time to play the one I found for a quick photo op with Don Ruffatto:

IMG_3539_zpssn7dxyom.jpg

Notice Don's holding one of the new J-45 cutaways. That I did hear being played, and it sounded really good.

Fred

I really like the variation the trans-blue gives. Standard colors - basically natural or brown stained maple are fine, and I think everyone should have a traditional looking workhorse. But, whether it's a DiF (blue or not) or some other more showy guitar - I think it's great if someone who loves guitars can manage to get one that is as beautiful to look at as it is to play. If I were in the market for another guitar - I'd give this one a serious look.

The fretboard inlays are fantastic, the whole thing is best described as where function meets form - a work of art that sounds like an instrument that could be in the heavenly choir. Or three piece band.

J-45 Cut-away .... the mind boggles, whats next ... ?? [blink]

I was just at the plant the day before yesterday, and saw a few of these models there. Very nice looking to be sure.

P1210698_zps8hri9omc.jpg

I did not have time to play the one I found for a quick photo op with Don Ruffatto:

IMG_3539_zpssn7dxyom.jpg

Notice Don's holding one of the new J-45 cutaways. That I did hear being played, and it sounded really good.

Fred

Archived