Gibson Brands Forums

Buy a Les Paul at Best Buy ...a good thing ?

Daniel Limoges

I have bought used instruments from Guitar Center for more than 5 years now, have been let down by 2 of them, both returned for a full refund with NO problem at all.

I just got a brand new 2016 Gibson Les Paul from z Zounds yesterday...again, very good price, very very fast shipping and NO problem...and an excellent guitar. Go with a BIG online seller and you will be fine. BUT avoid private sellers on eBay and similar sites. You can return unsatisfactory items there, too, but it's a drawn out process...

At least online you get a pic and you can do research on what you find you like...and before you buy, call the manager of the store and talk with him /her about the specific guitar you want. Most times they will take it in hand and look it over while you are on the phone. Fear not.

What I bought and the ad I bought it from...

http://www.zzounds.c...5FxCQ2eK6JLCbq=

BB in the US does not sell muiscal instruments as far as I know........I said that earlier, remember?

BB in Canada....where they do sell Gibson guitars......is an authorized Gibson dealer. Look it up.

Nope sorry I don't.

Thing is my post was directed to the OP of this thread.

He only posted twice, and unless I missed it he didn't say that he was in canada.

I downvoted your post but meant to upvote it. Sorry. I don't see a way to change my vote.

Fixed.

I'm not familiar with BB so won't comment on that side of things and as the OP seems to have received enough info to satisfy his mind a mere 42 mins after he first posted there's not much by way of any advice I could give which would be of any use.

Some interesting viewpoints being made here, though.

Pip.

Nope sorry I don't.

Thing is my post was directed to the OP of this thread.

He only posted twice, and unless I missed it he didn't say that he was in canada.

Well I most certainly did say that BB in the US (as far as I know) doesn't carry musical instruments and I did point out BB in Canada does and is an "authorized Gibson dealer" (as any legit place selling new Gibsons would be).

I assume if the deal was good enough nothing would stop the OP or me or you or anyone from buying a guitar from a BB in Canada online. I have seen guys on other forums talk about deals they got at BB on LP.

But the point is BB Canada is an "authorized" Gibson dealer the same as any music store selling Gibsons.

• 3 years later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:25 PM, Megafrog said:

I thought Best Buy phased out real guitars 5 years ago. If you see a Les Paul at a Best Buy, try it first because it probably has humidity damage.

Probably?  Like you know that???   Sounds like a reckless statement.

OP, there is one possibly huge advantage to buying from Best Buy.  Find out if you can "return to store" if there is an issue.  If you can, that advantage should be obvious now.

I buy a lot of Gear. Who you do business does matter.. Not just for the Sale but after the Sale as well.. Some take the time to post Pics of the actual Guitar you're buying, with weight, specs etc. You can see what you're buying. Sweetwater does that.. Others do too.. They do a 50 Pont inspection & a decent Set up.. They also have a Custom Shop for Mods.. I've had Bigsby's with Vibramates added on a couple Guitars & they came out perfect.... 

Them & Wildwood seem to have the nicest Guitars. I don't know why but they do.. 

The above, Musiciansfriend, Sam Ash & Guitar Center all have 45 day "no hassle" Return policies. Others listed above do too...

Good luck & look forward to seeing & hearing about your new Les Paul!

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Is this real? This came from a BB shop in canada. But the tuners are different from the official release found in gibson.com. Serial number is good though, says 2017 made. Is this legit good sirs!! 

FacebookMarket

Looks real from here.....:-k