Gibson Brands Forums

Found one........kinda like it.....

Buc McMaster

The neck is not the 60s skinny thing. It does appear that way due to the camera angle.........and the big headstock on the Dove. Seems Gibson uses a smaller headstock on short scale guitars and a bigger one on long scale instruments. Anyone else find this to be the case?

The neck is not the 60s skinny thing. It does appear that way due to the camera angle.........and the big headstock on the Dove. Seems Gibson uses a smaller headstock on short scale guitars and a bigger one on long scale instruments. Anyone else find this to be the case?

Buc......it almost looks like what reminds of the Epi's acoustic with the giant headstock and skinny necks. [unsure]

. . . Seems Gibson uses a smaller headstock on short scale guitars and a bigger one on long scale instruments. Anyone else find this to be the case?

* *Guitar nerd alert* *

Headstock size might be larger on long-scale super jumbo bodies (rather than just being limited to scale length), larger on Squares, or it might just be Gibsoned

Photo 1- upper guitar = short-scale square, larger than long-scale round-shoulder underneath it:

u1dQRR3.jpg

Photo 2- (below) short-scale round shoulder '46 SJ is slightly smaller than the long scale from Photo 1, on bottom:

jQgagQm.jpg

Photo 3- long scale super jumbo significantly larger headstock than the (largest of the others above) short scale square below it:

8M5YdcR.jpg?2

. . . And yes, Buc, the trc looks vintage-correct, and right at home. Of course, W-B-W would be nice !

• 2 weeks later...

The white black-edged tr-cover is a Dove trademark and I kinda like it (though white always seems very white on an acoustic guitar).

But isn't the font a bit off. Think the originals were more longish like this one http://www.vintagecu...r-sale_631.html

Anyway, more character to the blonde babe. .

@burst - Exciting pictures to wake up to ^ Alternative creativity, yes.

For certain. Only one I have came w/the guitar, and I haven't seen any sites bootlegging 'em. Darn shame - originals are pricey and already engraved....

That's nice. Now- if we could only scare up a link for Jinder, though.

1486778439[/url]' post='1834088']

Looks amazing Buc!! My Dove goes by the name Dave, I wonder if any TRCs could be made up in the '60s style with that written on...?

Neither of these 2 is going to. E a perfect match. The Philadelphia Luthier Lawyer suggests they can't Exactly copy the actual Gibson shape. Trademarke I guess. The Terrapin looks to be the safest bet.

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/custom-guitar-parts/truss-rod-covers/custom-personalized-truss-rod-cover-w-your-picture-or-logo-fits-many-gibson-guitars/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc

http://www.terrapinisland.com/chitzenitza/index.

Archived