Gibson Brands Forums

Friday Night

Big Bill

Normally it would be "Svedka" Swedish vodka/rocks for me (my favorite premium vodka is Kettle One, but too expensive for "everyday" use), but tonight the wife and I are enjoying a couple of Manhattans made with Jim Beam "Pre-Prohibition" Rye (and plenty of Bitters).

Since my back surgery on Tuesday, I've been in a Hydocodone-induced fog. And since I will also need shoulder surgery as soon as I can tolerate it, it looks to be pharmaceuticals for awhile. When I'm able to indulge in liquid refreshments, my happy hour drink of choice is a vodka martini, although a vodka tonic on a hot day can really hit the spot. For a nightcap, I prefer a good VSOP brandy, Jim Beam Black (bourbon) and for an occasional change of pace, Jim Beam Rye.

Since my back surgery on Tuesday, I've been in a Hydocodone-induced fog. And since I will also need shoulder surgery as soon as I can tolerate it, it looks to be pharmaceuticals for awhile. When I'm able to indulge in liquid refreshments, my happy hour drink of choice is a vodka martini, although a vodka tonic on a hot day can really hit the spot. For a nightcap, I prefer a good VSOP brandy, Jim Beam Black (bourbon) and for an occasional change of pace, Jim Beam Rye.

Any of the above drinks will go nicely with your Hydocodone. Just put on some Pink Floyd and your good to go.

Any of the above drinks will go nicely with your Hydocodone. Just put on some Pink Floyd and your good to go.

As tempting as it seems, the potential for taking a header over the handlebars of my walker might be counterproductive to the recovery process. 😀 Pink Floyd's Animals would be a good listening choice, as would Jeff Beck Wired or any number of FZ albums.

Ever try Bushmill's? Good stuff....

Edit: Damn I forgot I already posted that. #-o[blush]

Musta been the Bushmill's

a

Bushmill's and Jameson's are both good choices when only an Irish Coffee will do.

Of course I love me some FZ. Floyd Animal is great when you have had a puff or two.

I have 40+ FZ albums on vinyl. Unfortunately, I don't have my stereo with turntable set up at the moment. 😕

Archived