Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Sensation

TheLiveSoundGuy

While I'm not a huge fan of Robert Plant' date=' I gotta show some love for this bunch of guys he's playing with. They're booked as Strange Sensation. Very Tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWZmfY-yGA&feature=PlayList&p=5E88911055D0102E&index=0

Woowww baby!!! That was excellent, very refeshing and Plant never sounded better..... I had a smile on my face threw the whole tune... Thanks man!!!!

I though Plant sounded really good in this video...

I read only a few days ago how he wont be doing the Led Zep tour coz that was a magic which had its place back then and shouldn't be recreated... WTF is he doing here then!!

Flight959

I think you all are fu*king crazy. I think it absolutely sucked. Words can't express how much I think that sucked. He is taking songs that Jimmy made famous and making them into something that fits the moment. So next year when he is jamming with a Reggae band is gong to be with a Jamaican rhythm.

BTW.. I love Allison Krauss her voice is magic I also love Led Zeppelin. That said and proper homage paid that duo album is the biggest load of dog crap I have purchased in 10 years.

wheewwww.... glad I got that off my my chest.

I think you all are fu*king crazy. I think it absolutely sucked. Words can't express how much I think that sucked. He is taking songs that Jimmy made famous and making them into something that fits the moment. So next year when he is jamming with a Reggae band is gong to be with a Jamaican rhythm.

BTW.. I love Allison Krauss her voice is magic I also love Led Zeppelin. That said and proper homage paid that duo album is the biggest load of dog crap I have purchased in 10 years.

I agree with you on the Plant and Krauss CD... Even tough it's nominated for like 6 Grammy's.... To each his own.

But you see that was the point of my original post exactly. It's not about Jimmy, or Jimmy's songs. It's not even about Robert Plant. It's about the arrangement. Taking a song we are so used to hearing in a certain way, mixing it up a bit, and yes that includes modernizing it a bit to fit the time (remember it is a 40 year old song for Christ sake) and producing a groove that is surprisingly quite different, yet similar to the original, and quite pleasant. I have no doubt that Page and others were obviously a huge influence on these two players, so forgive them. I'm sure they meant no disrespect to the Greatness.

One of my cable channels is called Palladia. They run nothing but concerts. I saw the whole show the other night, and yes it is different, but I found it enjoyable.

But you see that was the point of my original post exactly. It's not about Jimmy' date=' or Jimmy's songs. It's not even about Robert Plant. It's about the arrangement. Taking a song we are so used to hearing in a certain way, mixing it up a bit, and yes that includes modernizing it a bit to fit the time (remember it is a 40 year old song for Christ sake) and producing a groove that is surprisingly quite different, yet similar to the original, and quite pleasant. I have no doubt that Page and others were obviously a huge influence on these two players, so forgive them. I'm sure they meant no disrespect to the Greatness.

One of my cable channels is called Paladia. They run nothing but concerts. I saw the whole show the other night, and yes it is different, but I found it enjoyable.

[/quote']

I concede to your point. My rant is about Plant. The band did well.

Couldn't stand to listen all the way through. Awful sound on all accounts. Sounds like some band playing for the Late Night Show with David Letterman. Like, not a guest band. The actual show's band.

And yes, I mean all accounts. That's the absolute worst I've ever heard Plant sound. Sounds like he's singing out of his eyeballs. Blech.

I like plant's voice better now than back in the day with zep... it was too high for my taste then. His voice has mellowed out.

I like the plant krauss mix personally. It's kinda funny though because it scares my mom. You should've seen her when plant mentioned celestial beings for one of his speeches.

Archived