Gibson Brands Forums

A good interview

daveinspain

who is the High Priest of the 21st Century?

Some odd questions in there.

Brian May is a wonderful person. I think he must have misunderstood Richard Dawkins though.

I never knew about the depression/suicide thoughts, but I think people with depression need to hear him on this subject.

Two things I took away from this (maybe three):

1: My familiarity with RT is scant but has been colored by the accusations of Russia's meddling in the US elections and the allegations of manipulation of social media platform and the planting of false stories to that end. This gentle and interesting interview makes me wonder about all that. I wonder if RT is viewed similarly around the world as it is here, lately. That is to say, negatively. Or if the rest of the world sees it as something more benign as this piece would support.

2: First time I've seen Brian May interviewed. My impression of him as a wonderful musician and technological wizard is now enhanced by discovering he's a thoughtful, humble individual with struggles like the rest of us.

Bonus: I didn't know fish had fingers.

Really good interview.

As BM observed; the interviewer had done her homework! It wasn't just the 'same old same old' in terms of the questions she put to him.

I've seen quite a few interviews with him over the last 40-odd years and he has never failed to be interesting. Oddly enough I also bumped into him in my local bike shop one lazy afternoon about 20 years ago - we chatted about Stevie Ray Vaughan believe it or not - and he was just the same thoughtful, level-headed, modest chap as he appears here.

Thanks for posting, Dave!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I'm ambivalent about Brian May. Yes, I agree with all that is said above but I can't stand the bloke's politics and the "greenism".

However, what I especially admire about Mr May is how he helped the now deceased British astronomer Patrick Moore when Moore was on the cusp of losing his home and his multi-telescope observatory garden. May bought the place outright and secured Moore there until the latter's death. Wonderful kind act.

I'm ambivalent about Brian May. Yes, I agree with all that is said above but I can't stand the bloke's politics and the "greenism".

However, what I especially admire about Mr May is how he helped the now deceased British astronomer Patrick Moore when Moore was on the cusp of losing his home and his multi-telescope observatory garden. May bought the place outright and secured Moore there until the latter's death. Wonderful kind act.

Don't know much about his politics, we have enough of that going on in the States with our own "celebs" who spew their ideals on to all of us "stupid morons"

to track what goes on across the pond. The patrick moore story is a pretty amazing act of kindness all the same ...

Archived