Gibson Brands Forums

Vinnie Vincent returns

Pinch

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-kiss-guitarist-vinnie-vincent-i-was-in-hell-for-20-years/

I know jack about his playing, but I have to say, if I was to hide out for 20 years and resurface in my mid-60s, that's the look I'd go with!

(I'm from the school of "whatever floats your boat" re the transgender thing. I know some people say it's a mental health issue, but besides the fact that I doubt that, I bought two Gibsons in a year with no income, declaring effective starvation "a challenge". I have to say alleged hormone therapy sounds less nuts.)

I think he looks entertaining. He reminds me of the stage show Marilyn Manson put on when he played the last show with John 5 on guitar.

That allegedly ended backstage with Manson throwing a guitar at John - their best guitar player ever, although Daisy had a thoroughly unique style - and firing him. I hear the planet ride from Stockholm to L.A. the day after was tense...

The sad part is that at $550.00 a week, that's just a little more than I was making a week playing in bands in the 80's. We'd get anywhere from 300-500 a week after expenses, depending on where we played and how many nights. I saw him play with them on the Creatures of the Night tour and Lick It Up tour. What I heard at that time was that KISS was holding him back because they wanted him to back down on his playing because he was a shredder. Between that and the pay, that probably would have ticked me off quite a bit as well. I never got to see his solo band but had their albums and he sure did play fast.

Re: Kiss... My doctor tells me I'm fit as a fiddle and will most likely live another 40 years. (Whereupon I sang the "Aww, not this **** all over again" lyric from that Wildhearts song. Not in my chart, though.)

I'll ******* celebrate when that **** Gene Simmons dies!

I've allegedly heard several accounts from people who've hung out with him where he says he prefers money to music. Which is his right. It's abhorrent to me, but none of my business.

Then he press-released "If I could copyright the air you're breathing, I would".

He's sick.

I do not really liked his style back then or now but some of my friends liked him a lot, one of them is actually a radio DJ and got time to interview him on this Kiss expo (paid interview).

The guy was always androgynous, from back in the day to now he's just older. If you had not seen Ace in 25 years and see him now we'd all be shocked byu his looks too.

Having said that it is so weird he chose that Hillary Clinton style outfit with the hills and all and that he is shaped like a pear.

But...if you see pics from the 90's he did have fat legs and slim shoulders, also, if you see the Chicago Kiss expo from 1995 on YouTube you will be just as shocked to see how effeminate he was. Then if you see interviews from the 80's he also sounds the same just younger.

The thing is that the guy was married and had kids, I was thinking how being a rockstar you really did not have to do that to keep appearances.

He lives here in town and had a couple of public run ins with the law.

A terribly rocky marriage with an alcoholic wife who then was murdered while she was a part-time prostitute after they divorced??!! it's really crazy.

The property were they lived was abandoned for years not sure if it still is.

As I said, I am not bashing him or criticizing, this is one of those "stranger than fiction" cases, I mean if I told you this is a plot to a movie you'd call me batsh!t crazy.

Vinnie is acoo-coo. Point your finger at your temple and spin your finger in a circle. That's Vinnie.

Spent his entire advance for the second Invasion record before they got three songs down, and that was just the drum tracks.

We got the band Slaughter because of Vinnie, the company let them go when the second one was finally finished and Slaughter signed up to finish out what was Vinnies contract. And the company was inhaled by another or the contract was sold off to someone else but that was the gist of it.

I mean that in the nicest way, but it is just true. He was nutz then and hasn't changed at all. Every single person that ever worked with him, and I've only spoken to two but have spoken to others that had direct dealings with him or were very familiar with direct dealings with him, all say the same thing: acoo-coo. Extremely difficult to deal with.

Saw Winger, Slaughter open for Kiss in Hershey PA. Winger was meh. Slaughter was great. Could see the back load out doors open and Blas and Dana smokin and jokin out there. Left the arena before Kiss even got on, didn't care to see them anyway. Hung around with them guys out back for quite a while and Mrs was just over the moon to sit with Blas for an hour. Nice guys, they could tell you lots about this business!

rct

Riffster: heh, I too thought of Hillary when I saw what he wore.

And this is not to dis him, but he doesn't even look transgender - he looks WAY weirder than that.

Which I actually think is pretty cool. There's a lot of issues here in one of Europe's armpits, and I do realize why some people see the political connotations of the whole cultural Marxism thing, but... I think he looks entertaining.

Never met him or know much about him... but from the testimonies, he appears... complex.

The dead dogs story - I've only just read about, so I don't know if it's verified, but... I dunno if I even find it CREEPY - the words that spring to mind, in the inimitable accent of Frasier's dad, is that "it's STUPID!"

I grew up a KISS nut until like I said Dynasty was the calling card. I wore out KISS - Alive!

Here's how bad I wore out KISS - Alive! Two sets of LPs, 1 cassette, 1 8-track. That was one of the albums that really made me want to play guitar and play Gibsons. I too thought their pre-Dynasty albums were better than any others after that. They're trying to get back to their old style but I'm an Ace fan and I'd rather listen to Ace than new KISS. He did an album of covers recently that was pretty good.

Gene needs to retire his cod piece. His old fat bloated a-ss is more that repulsive to look at.

Yeah, there comes a certain age and/or weight that certain men and women shouldn't wear certain things or behave in certain ways.

Archived