Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bp discussing his touring guitars.

pippy

Rather interesting interview.

The Gibsons are a 'given' but for me the most interesting stories were about the Fenders - especially regarding the Tele and 'No-caster'...

Pip.

I saw this a few weeks ago but I still re-watched. I always have time to watch a rig rundown with JB. He has such an immense knowledge of music history and guitars it's amazing. Always a nugget or two of good info in his vids. He ended the show I went to last year with that nocaster. Made that tele scream!

Sorry for the "Joe Bp" typo, folks.

I tried to correct it but couldn't work out how...

It gets scary when Pip loses his mind!

.........msp_laugh.gif.........Oh, that particular ship sailed a long time ago, Bill.....

Pip.

Love the Skinner burst and Teles. Interesting that he uses a burst driver LP.

Absolutely! Battery-hatch in the back and everything!

I must say I was very surprised to see such a high-profile and well-known advocate of the original 'bursts singing its praises but, hey, if it's good enough for Joe Bonamassa to use in concert alongside his near-priceless originals then that speaks volumes in defence of these instruments!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Joe is not only a great player, but a total gearhead as well. I read somewhere (don't ask now) that he spends so much time in Europe that rather than transport his gear back and forth, he keeps duplicate "arsenals" if you will, in both the US and Europe. Life must be good for Joe.

Archived