Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles vs The Stones!!

Dash_Starkiller

I will say that these bands are among the best ever but I think the guitars were part of the whole pkg and great in the songs but perhaps there are better players in the guitar world is my point cheers and have a great day ...

Who is "Better" is relative. So how do you quantify who is BETTER than who. Here is the answer you can't.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is "Better" is relative. So how do you quantify who is BETTER than who. Here is the answer you can't.

dosnt better (generally) mean more technically proficient ? not saying these arnt the "best" bands but suggesting there are "better"

guitar players thats all, and opinions are just that...

dosnt better (generally) mean more technically proficient ? not saying these arnt the "best" bands but suggesting there are "better"

guitar players thats all, and opinions are just that...

So I line up in a row, if I could bring back all the "great" guitarist that have passed away with the ones still alive, and what is your test of how proficient they are? Yngwie Malmsteen can put 4000 notes in to one measure. Maybe Angus Young, Andres Segovia and Jimi Hendrix can't or couldn't. So who is better. It is still not anything you can justify. Is a Toyota Prius worse that an Porsche 911. No, There are so many factors involved price, fuel economy, maintenance cost ect. I know it is not the same a guitarists, but still their is no way to say who is better than who no matter what you believe. Like you said...opinions. This has been discussed thousands of times. Many people also confuse their favorite with what they perceive as the best.

Love both bands. Seen The Stones and they were a joke of a joke back in '81 when I saw them. Never saw The Beatles cause I was to young, but who wants to hear thousands of girls scream over a band. But once again my perception of The Stones live is my opinion.

The Beatles are in my top 5 fav bands and are probably #1, The Stones are in the top 20 or so.

Who is the best at what is a debate that will go on forever. And if there's actually a real and clear answer, what difference does it make? 4000 notes in one measure? I can't do that in a half-dozen songs. Maybe not even in a couple dozen songs.....lol....Don't think I play in that universe. Amazing if someone can do it, but for myself I really wouldn't care to hear it. It would just be noise to me. Someone else might think it's a great melody, etc. I always think of guys like Chet, Glenn Campbell, Roy Clark, Jerry Reed, Kenny Vaughn and a handful of others who play music I can identify with as being the greatest----BUT, there are probably at least tens-of-thousands who play just as well, but no one will ever know about them............Regarding Beatles and Stones---I'll always be a fan of both, but favor The Stones.

Pretty boy Beatles, bad boy Stones. Stones, not even close
The p.b. Beatles several stints on the Reeperbahn were not the life of flouncy pop stars; they were kicking *** in blue light nightclubs while the Stone were still in Art School. Cliches are boring.

The p.b. Beatles several stints on the Reeperbahn were not the life of flouncy pop stars; they were kicking *** in blue light nightclubs while the Stone were still in Art School. Cliches are boring.

I know what is it about the English groups. Every documentary about an English rock group form the 60's and they all mention they went to Art School.

The solitary tavern (pool hall) in the little town where I grew up had what was supposed to be a party room in the basement. I hardly ever remember it being used for anything but it had a few tables and a juke box. My best friend and I spent one whole Saturday down there, listening to Time Is on My Side and It's All Over Now over and over. Good times.

clearly... She was the best part of what ever the hell that was...

I guess it was supposed to be a nod to MMT. That movie is unwatchable even with The Beatles music in it. Never cared for DCFC. Some stuff out there just makes me go "People listen to this and enjoy it?".

John and George were looking on and saying in their heads "what is this c-rap?" I did like the topless chick. Am I allowed to say that with the #Me Too movement going on?

Don't forget the guys wrote the manus themselves - and that John contributed with a scene where light-dressed ladies stood in different cave-gates.

This was edited out and the same were Paul and Ringo from the strip-club scene. They're not seen in the final film nor the out-takes above, but were present.

Logic probably was that J & G could be regarded the wild boys while P & R were the innocent cuties. Ha, , ,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . there's a gab between image and reality for sure. .

Don't forget the guys wrote the manus themselves - and that John contributed with a scene where light-dressed ladies stood in different cave-gates.

This was edited out and the same were Paul and Ringo from the strip-club scene. They're not seen in the final film nor the out-takes above, but were present.

Logic probably was that J & G could be regarded the wild boys while P & R were the innocent cuties. Ha, , ,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . there's a gab between image and reality for sure. .

Yeah The Beatles were saints.

Got'ya - t'was effect I went for with the colour-treat. .

Yeah I can tell it is a green filter type effect. They are all still on LSD regardless. George stopped taking it when he went to SF in the late 60's. Maybe around the time of the White Album or shortly after. Haven't watched my Beatles docs in a while.

Archived