Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

LPguitarman

Nice! Have you had a chance to spend much time with it yet?

Btw seems like there are some good deals to be had on the GC site in the used section. Just bought a mic from there

Yes, it sounds great. Lots of options, even a whammy effect. I'll mostly use it as a straight octave pedal, but nice to have variations available.

So riddle me this LPGuitarman:

Could a competent guitar player use this Harmony Thrombobulator Machinery to have a decent romp through the major harmonies of say...Boys Are Back In Town?

Haven't tried a harmonizer in many years. Decades I guess, so they are probably much better today.

rct

Could a competent guitar player use this Harmony Thrombobulator Machinery to have a decent romp through the major harmonies of say...Boys Are Back In Town?

Haven't tried a harmonizer in many years. Decades I guess, so they are probably much better today.

rct

Soitenly (on both counts)

...Could a competent guitar player use this Harmony Thrombobulator Machinery to have a decent romp through the major harmonies of say...Boys Are Back In Town?...

Are you trying to put "2nd Guitarist" folks out of a job?

eusa_naughty.gif

Pip.

Soitenly (on both counts)

So you can key these things more than one or two, and major/minor? I don't need K#Demolished or anything, but a few major keys and relative minors would be good. I don't think they were that sophisticated back then.

rct

So you can key these things more than one or two, and major/minor? I don't need K#Demolished or anything, but a few major keys and relative minors would be good. I don't think they were that sophisticated back then.

rct

Yeah you can set the key and major/minor and all that good stuff

It also does some whacky other stuff you can play all your favorite rage against the machine songs [biggrin]

Yeah you can set the key and major/minor and all that good stuff

It also does some whacky other stuff you can play all your favorite rage against the machine songs [biggrin]

Word.

rct

Are you trying to put "2nd Guitarist" folks out of a job?

eusa_naughty.gif

Pip.

We don't have any of them around here. Well, the ones we have don't really fit well. I wish we could find stable players, we'd have another guitar, keys, and a decent drummer.

rct

I really hope your current drummer is not a member of this forum...

msp_smile.gif

Pip.

He's 20 years older than the one in this picture, but no, he is not a member of this forum:

SR16-large.jpg

rct

Does this harmoniser do the backward effect?

You’d be looking at a digital delay for that option like the Boss DD-7

Pedals don’t tend to do the reverse effect convincingly though. When you do reverse on a recording, you usually reverse an entire track

A pedal with reverse works from a shorter sample (the length determined by the delay time). You can set the length of this sample to precisely match the length of one bar in your song for example. At that point you could play your phrase one bar early in real time, then the sound will come out of your amp reversed one bar later

This is the most realistic way to do the reverse effect live with a delay pedal such as the DD-7, but most people will struggle to get all of that timing so perfect that it doesn’t sound weird

A more simple alternative would be to use a volume pedal to do a faux reverse effect by swelling into all of your phrasing

rct

With all of the iterations of harmonies available, I'm sure you could find the right harmony. I haven't dove into it that far yet, been busy with a lot of Honey Do things.

Archived