Gibson Brands Forums

Grover tuners.

LarryUK

I bought a 2017 LP Standard that came with Grover chrome locking tuners, kidney shaped keys with the 18:1 gear ratio. Sorry don't know the exact model number as there is nothing on the outside of them that would tell. They look like the ones in Rab's second post.

What model Grover tuners are shipped with Gibson guitars?

I was thinking of changing a set of mine (2018 classic) for locking, but there seems to be various sets.

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Grover_Roto-Grip_Locking_Rotomatic_502_Series_3and3_Tuners.html

Here is what I put on my 2018 LP Classic. I have the goldtop BTW - same thing as your ebony Classic. Anyhow, this was a super-simple replacement. Used existing screwholes... This replacement is as plug-and-play as it gets... and I really like locking tuners - best things since sliced bread!

My 2017 SG standard came with kidney shaped, I liked them so much that when my 2004 V needed tuners so I found a used set of the same ones on eBay.

If I needed a set of replacement tuners it would be a tough choice between the deluxe and the locking.... locking may just win because of the ease of string changes.

The Hipshot tuners are nice too, and a little cheaper. Get the UMB mounting plates and no holes to drill.

Also the tuner buttons on the Grover’s can be replaced with Hipshot buttons... ($15)

Here is the Gibson deluxe (left) and the Grover locking with Hipshot buttons (right)

6-F224462-61-EC-4-F72-9648-8-FA15-AD464-F2.jpg

I have what appear to be Grover 102n (nickle) tuners on my ES-339.

I say this because I have just bought a 102c (chrome) set to replace the G-Force on the LP. They look identical.

Grover_Keystone_Rotomatics_102_Series_3and3_Tuners.jpg

(There is a tiny 102c sticker on the Grover blister pack. You have to hunt for it.)

My 2017 SG standard came with kidney shaped, I liked them so much that when my 2004 V needed tuners so I found a used set of the same ones on eBay.

If I needed a set of replacement tuners it would be a tough choice between the deluxe and the locking.... locking may just win because of the ease of string changes.

The Hipshot tuners are nice too, and a little cheaper. Get the UMB mounting plates and no holes to drill.

Also the tuner buttons on the Grover’s can be replaced with Hipshot buttons... ($15)

Here is the Gibson deluxe (left) and the Grover locking with Hipshot buttons (right)

6-F224462-61-EC-4-F72-9648-8-FA15-AD464-F2.jpg

I've tried to get some Hipshot buttons here in the UK but can't.

I’ve bought some tulip tuner buttons fron China and they’re horrible. Green! I want the same as are on Klusons. Are the Hipshot the same? I can’t get them here in the UK. Would anyone order/get me a set and post them to me if I transferred the money?

Ive bought some tulip tuner buttons fron China and theyre horrible. Green! I want the same as are on Klusons. Are the Hipshot the same? I cant get them here in the UK. Would anyone order/get me a set and post them to me if I transferred the money?

These type?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gibson-Gear-PMMH-010-Electric-Machine/dp/B0002H0GUA/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=gibson+guitar+tuners&qid=1556833439&s=gateway&sr=8-5

cheaper option

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilkinson-Machine-WJ44-Vintage-Epiphone/dp/B01FSS7GK0/ref=sr_1_33?keywords=gibson+guitar+tuners&qid=1556833488&s=gateway&sr=8-33

The Chinese ones are total shite.... They did fit some no name Grover clones I had ..

Only the hipshots fit.

Larry, message me your address.

I think I used the Grover screws instread of the screws that came with the hipshots.

20181216-222856-2.jpg

Archived