Gibson Brands Forums

If the phone rang

Navy Vet.

I'd ask for a Les Paul with additional contouring for the forearm or a belly cut, essentially I don't want any corners. I'd also want stainless steel frets and locking tuners. Finish would be black, ebony fretboard with no inlays (side dots only), silver hardware.  

• Upvote 1

it would be hard to choose from 2 possibilities...

a) johnny a with no bigsby, and 57 classics, locking tuners, and a roller nut with a 60's slim taper neck in a  honey or tangerine burst 

b) 335 with a nicely figured top in the school desk finish,  same neck as above, but with ebony board and block inlays

• Upvote 1

I was going to say an R9 with p-90s and un-mounted pick guard, but I forgot about the hide glue (though, they can technically still use fenol formaldehyde resin to glue on the top like Gibson did with the original Les Pauls in the 50s and 1960). In that case, an SG with a 1959 Les Paul profile neck. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

No animal parts?  Then no bone nut, no hide glue, no abalone.

An untapped market! The vegan guitar    (I would rather have a zero-veg guitar myself).

BTW, I just read a report that states that hide glue has no cold creep. I'm not sure if its true or even possible. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:31 PM, Navy Vet. said:

And the person at the other end was from Gibson Custom Shop and they told you that were selected to have your dream Gibson guitar built for free and delivered for free provided it didn't include any animal parts or radioactive material, what would you have built.

I'm not too concerned about the "no animal parts" thing. I'd probably go with a '57 Historic Goldtop. I have Goldtops with P90's. It would be an interesting phone call because I wouldn't believe them.

• Upvote 1