Gibson Brands Forums

Rev. Tim Tom's Banner

Cabarone

39 minutes ago, billroy fineman said:

Is it a re-issue for sure, looks like some age worn wear on the front a bit...Β  ?

Well, as my kids still say, i’m More often wrong than right. But, the logo looks to be straight across the headstock, as Gibson is wont to do with reissues, rather that an angle, as on the originals.

52 minutes ago, jt said:

Well, as my kids still say, i’m More often wrong than right. But, the logo looks to be straight across the headstock, as Gibson is wont to do with reissues, rather that an angle, as on the originals.

thank you, learn something new every day - i did not know that about the logos

7 hours ago, jt said:

I only have one modern Gibson with the banner logoΒ  (Fuller's 1943 SJ), but on that one, the angle of the banner logo is exactly the same as the angle of the Gibson logo.

7 hours ago, jt said:

Banner LG1

Β 

10 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Banner LG1

Β 

Β 

Β 

The modern one on the right is totally different from the one I have.Β  Mine is much more like the vintage one on the left, with the Gibson logo at a fairly steep angle, and the banner fallowing that angle.

My L-OO Legend, unlike most, has the gold script logo (no banner), at an angle like the angle of the "Gibson" on your real banner.

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks. I can definitively solve this great mystery. πŸ™‚Β  My name is Paul. I played the good Rev. on The Middle. Thanks for all the interest in my guitar and the nice comments. That is in fact my beloved vintage LG2 that I am playing on all but one of the episodes of The Middle that I appeared in. There was one episode where I used a Taylor. I also wrote all the songs for the character using that same LG2. I bought the guitar at Matt Uminov's on Bleeker St. back in the late 80's. I overheard the salesman telling a guy that Bob Dylan had been in a few days before and "almost bought this beautiful LG2". Whether or not that was true I don't know but it sure got my attention. I had to try it. It was love at first strum. It has been with me ever since. Thanks Bob for not buying it! It's not a re-issue and all that wear (on both the guitar and me) is well earned from hard gigging and TV testifyin'! πŸ™‚

So JT, maybe the Rev does have a direct line to the diety! LOL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RevLG2Tom said:

Hi Folks. I can definitively solve this great mystery. πŸ™‚Β  My name is Paul. I played the good Rev. on The Middle. Thanks for all the interest in my guitar and the nice comments. That is in fact my beloved vintage LG2 that I am playing on all but one of the episodes of The Middle that I appeared in. There was one episode where I used a Taylor. I also wrote all the songs for the character using that same LG2. I bought the guitar at Matt Uminov's on Bleeker St. back in the late 80's. I overheard the salesman telling a guy that Bob Dylan had been in a few days before and "almost bought this beautiful LG2". Whether or not that was true I don't know but it sure got my attention. I had to try it. It was love at first strum. It has been with me ever since. Thanks Bob for not buying it! It's not a re-issue and all that wear (on both the guitar and me) is well earned from hard gigging and TV testifyin'! πŸ™‚

So JT, maybe the Rev does have a direct line to the diety! LOL.

Tom,

Other than mistaking a vintage LG-2 for a modern LG-2 and misspelling "deity," I think that I did pretty well! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for posting.

In honor of my error, I'd love to send you a signed copy of my book, Kalamazoo Gals, that discusses the WWII-era, Banner Gibsons and the women who made them. (Yeah, I should have known better!) Just send me a message.

Again, thank you!