Gibson Brands Forums

Pictures of the whole family

xxxlshane

I Love the wood grain on the SG.

I also love the grain on this guitar...I know some don't like "character" grain like on my SG but I really like to see the natural and differnt grains that are present on some guitars.

Hard to tell in the picture but the rosewood on the fingerboard has a lot of "character" as well.

Thanks,

Love the wood in that Strat..

Flight959

So do I...it is Ash. I replaced the mint green "yuk" pick guard with one that is made with Tor Tis...I really like the look of this fake Tortise shell over the standard fender one.

Rockstarr..

Sorry I started this family thread without searching to see if it had already been done...

BTW I added my family pic to that thread.

I posted this over on the new member introduction page also.

I am relatively new to the forum so I thought I would do as others and show the family off.

DSC_0461.jpg

Thanks for all the help I have received here..

2 suggestions if I may. First take the pickguard off the LP. 2 replace the pup covers and knobs on ur Strat with black ones. Then you are ROCKIN!

any plans for the next guitar? +:-@

Like most there are a few guitars that I would like.

Les Paul: Custom shop...still researching which one.

Les Paul: Early '90's standard.

Flying V: They are starting to grow on me...still not sure about this one.

The one I would LOVE to have is the Martin acoustic (do not know what model) that my grandfather played for 45 years before he passed away. He used it as part of his ministry. I remember he told me it was "old" when he got it. It has a lot of abolone / mother of pearl and I remember how cool it sounded when he played it....my uncle who I don't associate with has it now sitting a closet...little or no chance of ever getting it. I have not seen it for at least 10 years.

Sorry to lay my family related guitar sorrow on you but if I can't lay it on my guitar family who else would understand???

So do I...it is Ash. I replaced the mint green "yuk" pick guard with one that is made with Tor Tis...I really like the look of this fake Tortise shell over the standard fender one.

Rockstarr..

Sorry I started this family thread without searching to see if it had already been done...

That's cool, there's always room for more "Guitar Pic" threads.O:)

Rockstarr..

Gotta Sienna Sunburst American Deluxe just like yours with tortoise but with a black DG-20 EMG set-up in it and the maple neck. Love it when I'm in my Gilmour mood . . .

Nice Traditional too. It's on my shortlist.

Guess we should all add pics of all our axe offspring to the group shots thread . . .

Archived