Gibson Brands Forums

Compassionate Conservatism, my A$$

Homz

Compassionate Conservatism, my A$$

Let's start a list of all the compassionate conservatives you know, have heard of or at least held a door open for a pregnant lady coming in from a rain storm.

I'll start the list.....

...Sorry I got nothing....

Still thinking... nope, nothing....

bushandbird.jpg

My 4 year old daughter would be reassured to see that Dubya has to have his name on his jacket too in case there's a mix-up at the nursery........

Four seconds after the photo was taken, George W's Golden Eagle swooped down and carried off it's lunch.

That phrase was a marketing term created to describe George W. Bush. It's not a generic term.

Very interestingly, it is known among charitable orgainizations, and it is well documented, that people with conservative political leanings are, by far, the greater contributors to charity. This includes all income levels.

The European model, which I believe we are headed for, gives very little to charity because the prevailing attitude is that charity is the government's job.

My favorite charity story comes from a regulatory accounting department I worked in at a power utility. One year we got the usual video and spiel about contributing to United Way, and then our manager spoke. He alluded to the obligatory hardship cases shown in the video and said "these people will be cared for one way or another, either by the government or by charity." That was the most effective motivational thing ever said because the audience was all people skilled at working with government regulations. We probably set a record for charitable giving. People were practically whipping out their checkbooks on the spot. The implication that everyone understood was that charity could be handled with the gross inefficiency of the government, or it could be done privately and more efficiently.

That phrase was a marketing term created to describe George W. Bush. It's not a generic term.

Very interestingly' date=' it is known among charitable orgainizations, and it is well documented, that people with conservative political leanings are, by far, the greater contributors to charity. This includes all income levels.

[/quote']

It's very interesting you say this. I've seen others say the same thing. I tried to take the statement seriously, but I can find nothing to support it. Where did you get this information on the relative charitable donations of conservatives vs. liberals.

If true, my feeling would be it is mostly money given to churches which may or may not be used to support those who need charity in a given community. Although I don't know how one would determine how much is actually used to support the community and how much goes to the preachers new Cadillac.

Go to Amazon and search for books on charitable giving. There are so many of them there is even one called

"Who really cares", which seems tailored specifically to deal with your original question. Another thing to do would be to talk to anybody in fund raising for non-profits.

My wife's expensive hobby is religion and I although what she spends on it is appalling to me personally, I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that the money collected by the catholics goes to an amazing number of good works around the globe. I was really averse to her giving that much, but after finding out how they spend it, it calmed me down a bit.

It's very interesting you say this. I've seen others say the same thing. I tried to take the statement seriously' date=' but I can find nothing to support it. Where did you get this information on the relative charitable donations of conservatives vs. liberals.

If true, my feeling would be it is mostly money given to churches which may or may not be used to support those who need charity in a given community. Although I don't know how one would determine how much is actually used to support the community and how much goes to the preachers new Cadillac.

[/quote']

If you are interested in statistics why do you begin searching thru web sites that take polls and keep statistics - I would start with Barna reseach group and then look for a couple of others.

For what its worth I have a mini-van and a motorcycle that was given to me.

Compassionate Conservationist

bushandbird.jpg

A little off topic' date=' but since you already transformed your own thread into a "post pics of an idiot" then I will post some "locals"

Ecuadorian president (more like dictator) Rafael Correa... master thief, unsuprased idiot, most mediocre human being ever.

[img']http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/2008/12/27/cubamundo/presidente_rafael_correa.jpg[/img]

Venezuelan president (yeah right... ) Hugo Chavez... you see him on TV he is insulting the US and telling the "empire" to stick their ... well you get the idea... but... WHO BUYS HIS OIL thus giving him the money he gives away to the voters for free? THE US...

chavez1.jpg

And Bolivian president Evo morales (lacks the character and guts to becoma a dictator, but he dreams of chavez and fidel) I don't know if he is a thief or a liar or whatever... but he sure is ugly.

evo-morales_web.jpg

Oh... and this one's for free... I think you know who the old guy in the back is... (looks like they are having fun)

hugo-chavez_fidel-castro.jpg

Go to Amazon and search for books on charitable giving. There are so many of them there is even one called

"Who really cares"' date=' which seems tailored specifically to deal with your original question. Another thing to do would be to talk to anybody in fund raising for non-profits.

My wife's expensive hobby is religion and I although what she spends on it is appalling to me personally, I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that the money collected by the catholics goes to an amazing number of good works around the globe. I was really averse to her giving that much, but after finding out how they spend it, it calmed me down a bit.[/quote']

I think most of the money these days goes to settling sexual abuse cases.

I worked for a non-profit in Chicago for many years. Contributions came from many different people with many different backgrounds and political leanings. The really big contributions came from corporate donors.

"Who really cares"' date=' which seems tailored specifically to deal with your original question. Another thing to do would be to talk to anybody in fund raising for non-profits.

My wife's expensive hobby is religion and I although what she spends on it is appalling to me personally, I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that the money collected by the catholics goes to an amazing number of good works around the globe. I was really averse to her giving that much, but after finding out how they spend it, it calmed me down a bit.[/quote']

The Catholic church in my home town just keeps buying local properties. They currently own the entire downtown district. I'm not sure how this translates as charity.

As for your "go to Amazon" comment, are you saying you can't find anything to back up the belief either. Is there no reputable news article to support it. Of coarse there are books saying all sorts of propaganda. I was asking for a source of your belief. Your not alone in that belief. I'm not even saying it's incorrect I am asking for support for it.

I give to strippers and hookers every chance I get .

I am neither a Liberal or Conservative.

I'm an awesome !!! Beechez !!!

It's a well known fact strippers are liberals. Thanks for doing your part to keep the silicon flowing. The silicon must flow. Silicon is life.

My generosity knows no boundaries...

I even got a Canadian hooker for a friend once .

Beautiful...a man who doesn't allow international boundaries to hinder his charitable works and who thinksof his friends before himself.

love-smiley-076.gif

Our church opened it's doors to home folks out of Katrina. I'm not at that church any longer, but think we housed 4 families. Churches were only allowed to do certain things for the homeless otherwise they would lose their benefits and financial support from the government. We were willing to do more, but the people didn't want the help for that reason. For example, if we fed them 3 meals a day they would loose food stamp benefits (or whatever system was used to buy food).

One thing that is not reported in the news is that most of the food cooks and servers after Katrina were southern baptist disaster relief crews. S. Baptist did the work along side the Red Cross. Most of the time when you saw the Red Cross on tv, you were really watching southern baptist in action. S. Baptists sent hundreds of workers there; there were at ground zero in NY for 9/11, they went overseas when the tsunami hit, and they go when called upon for disasters.

Next to the red cross the southern baptist disaster relief is the biggest relief agency in the U.S.

Strange that you should mention Katrina. There was more' date=' and more effective, help from churches and charities than from the government. That continues to be true today. Do your homework.[/quote']

Homz is a typical liberal, he doesn't do, and won't do homework. He is driven purely by hatred. How much did the UAW do to help folks after Katrina? Libs don't want to help people, they are in favor of saving the polar bears though.

Look up the public disclosure statements from the past several years of presidential candidates (their income tax information is available to the public) and compare the charitable giving of AlGore, John Kerry, Bill&Hill,John Edwards, Obama, Bush I & Bush II, Cheney, etc...See who has compassion...you'll be amazed.

Our church opened it's doors to home folks out of Katrina. I'm not at that church any longer' date=' but think we housed 4 families. Churches were only allowed to do certain things for the homeless otherwise they would lose their benefits and financial support from the government. We were willing to do more, but the people didn't want the help for that reason. For example, if we fed them 3 meals a day they would loose food stamp benefits (or whatever system was used to buy food).

One thing that is not reported in the news is that most of the food cooks and servers after Katrina were southern baptist disaster relief crews. S. Baptist did the work along side the Red Cross. Most of the time when you saw the Red Cross on tv, you were really watching southern baptist in action. S. Baptists sent hundreds of workers there; there were at ground zero in NY for 9/11, they went overseas when the tsunami hit, and they go when called upon for disasters.

Next to the red cross the southern baptist disaster relief is the biggest relief agency in the U.S.[/quote']

Many if not all the non denominal churches in our community got together and donated thousands to help the Katrina victims.

Charity? I don't think that's the measure of compasion. How many Volunteers were Conservative as Opposed to Liberal, and how many Non-Voters were handing out Water and Ice? I sincerely hope that no one bothered to take that poll during Katrina or any other disaster we've had. In fact Bragging about giving to Charity negates the Good Deed if you believe St Ignatius of Loyola

Teach us, good Lord,

to serve you as you deserve,

to give and not to count the cost,

to fight and not to heed the wounds,

to toil and not to seek for rest,

to labour and not to ask for any reward,

save that of knowing that we do your will.

Archived