Gibson Brands Forums

FBI warning for zoom users

labomba

Seems that Zoom is the new Facebook. (disclaimer, I don't know Facebook, don't have an account - just saying it is popular).

Our family is having an isolation "Zoom get together " tomorrow for my twin sister's 70th birthdays. My wife uses it daily for her "new" work situation. Of course the scoundrel scammers are at work trying to screw over honest hard working folk.

Edited by Tman

20 minutes ago, Tman said:

Seems that Zoom is the new Facebook. (disclaimer, I don't know Facebook, don't have an account - just saying it is popular).

Our family is having an isolation "Zoom get together " tomorrow for my twin sister's 70th birthdays. My wife uses it daily for her "new" work situation. Of course the scoundrel scammers are at work trying to screw over honest hard working folk.

I never use any video conferencing apps. I felt bad for that guy in the story.  I’m sure we’ll be reading more about it in the coming weeks as like you said many more people are working from home using that particular app. I think a few people are using here. Hopefully this is a little heads up for members. 

Proof that there are too many people with too much time on their hands. 

Obviously a kid or very immature adult. 

Why someone would get enjoyment from ruining a persons presentation is hard for me to understand. 

I started to use Zoom for karate sessions. The first time (last week) I was late logging in and didnt know what I was doing. It finished up that I unknowingly took control of everyones screens and instead of the sensei, all they could see was me! I had no idea of this until I got an urgent call from the sensei.

So it seems this vulnerability is systematic.

8 hours ago, brad1 said:

Proof that there are too many people with too much time on their hands. 

Obviously a kid or very immature adult. 

Why someone would get enjoyment from ruining a persons presentation is hard for me to understand. 

There have always been idiots, however the idiot per capita numbers are way up...

Disagree -  the inmates are already running the asylum.  Like the Zoom spokesperson  quoted in the article:     "Our product was designed to prioritize things other than safety and security."  How can someone high tech in this day and age be that .... 'naive' ?  .      

2 hours ago, Murph said:

There have always been idiots, however the idiot per capita numbers are way up...

We are living in a time when knowledge is increasing beyond Mach Speed exponentially. Unfortunately, Wisdom isn't....

I was just getting ready to sign up with Zoom for family visiting.. Not sure now?