Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Totally understandable.  Ok how about a one-time concert for your friends here on the forum?  😀  I'm actually familiar with your act - you guys have been around for a long time.  I used to play the east coast oldies circuit but centered around NY/NJ/CT/MA area.  You would have fit in great with those acts. Leilani has a killer voice and you fill the space in between perfectly.  

Thanks for the kind words.

Right now it's concerts for our neighbors, whether they like it or not :)

Actually I've told them all if it ever bothers you, or if we are rehearsing at a bad time, say when you are putting your kid in for a nap, call us and we'll stop. But they all reassure us that they like it.

We only rehearse at 85dba or less, so it's probably not as loud as some people's TV sets.

Yes, we've been doing it since 1985 in this area. As long as they keep hiring us, we'll keep doing it.

So you lived around here at one time?

Do I know you other than your screen name?

Notes

Bill,    Sarge posted this over on the Acoustic Forum a couple of hours ago:   

"Why do you guys even bother posting vids of any guitar up against a Gibson? On this forum who's going to win? It does not matter if the Gibson sounds like a fart coming out of my @ss, the Gibson is going to win with you guys and girls."

At least Sarge didn't pull out the big guns -  sandpaper!    Thought this would provide you with some context - in case you  only stay on 'the electric side of the house'.   This is why some folks get tired of his negativity.  He doesn't own a Gibson Acoustic, by the way. At least that's what he's posted.  Who knows.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Bill,    Sarge posted this over on the Acoustic Forum a couple of hours ago:   

"Why do you guys even bother posting vids of any guitar up against a Gibson? On this forum who's going to win? It does not matter if the Gibson sounds like a fart coming out of my @ss, the Gibson is going to win with you guys and girls."

At least Sarge didn't pull out the big guns -  sandpaper!    Thought this would provide you with some context - in case you  only stay on 'the electric side of the house'.   This is why some folks get tired of his negativity.  He doesn't own a Gibson Acoustic, by the way. At least that's what he's posted.  Who knows.  

I did once and it was trash. J-15. It was a 2014. I wanted to like it. But it was awful.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

51 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I guess I cant defend that...

Ignore is an awesome feature👍

Bill,   I will take your advice to heart.  From here on out I will do just that.  Not - 'block' him.    It's against my nature.  Just "pay no attention to...".  As you said earlier "do not feed.." 

Thanks,  Jim

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I did once and it was trash. J-15. It was a 2014. I wanted to like it. But it was awful.

your disdain for everything including Gibson guitars and the people here is nasty, just saying...

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, jvi said:

your disdain for everything including Gibson guitars and the people here is nasty, just saying...

Just like Big Bill said all you and 40 years do is leave the serenity of the acoustic side of the house when you want to start trouble. Well I'm not afraid of 2 faceless people on a forum. I have owned guitars from this company. Many in fact.

• Thanks 1

I was supposed to see the Doobie Brothers on Sat. Sept. 12th in the Bay Area. I just got word that they have postponed it to Oct. 13th.  Just one month. I find that odd.

Anyway, the new date is on a Weeknight. The original date was on a Saturday, and that was a big part of the reason I wanted to go. So I was able to get a refund.

They were good seats, so part of me is glad I can't make it. And I'm getting the  money back.

So...maybe a new guitar is in order...........yeah I think so.....[biggrin]

13 minutes ago, brad1 said:

I was supposed to see the Doobie Brothers on Sat. Sept. 12th in the Bay Area. I just got word that they have postponed it to Oct. 13th.  Just one month. I find that odd.

Anyway, the new date is on a Weeknight. The original date was on a Saturday, and that was a big part of the reason I wanted to go. So I was able to get a refund.

They were good seats, so part of me is glad I can't make it. And I'm getting the  money back.

So...maybe a new guitar is in order...........yeah I think so.....[biggrin]

Saw them in 86 at Shoreline. Miss Cali. It was the huge reunion show.