Gibson Brands Forums

Today is the day

SteveFord

21 hours ago, sparquelito said:

How does the pickup selector switch work?

(With three pickups I mean.)

😐

I forgot something - middle and bridge but they're out of phase, it's supposed to emulate a regular humbucker of some sort.

All of the pick ups are pretty low output so you need to crank the amp settings compared to whatever else you might have.

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I forgot something - middle and bridge but they're out of phase, it's supposed to emulate a regular humbucker of some sort.

All of the pick ups are pretty low output so you need to crank the amp settings compared to whatever else you might have.

What is the first Roxy tune your gonna play on it.

On November 3, 2020 at 5:16 PM, SteveFord said:

Enough silliness, I finally snagged my last guitar, the one model I sold in the past that just killed me, the ICONIC Firebird VII.

This is an 05 and has the banjo tuners

1cnlK2E.jpg

ebony fretboard with a proper headstock (unlike the current Firebird V, hint hint Gibson)

JHvcUGb.jpg

you saw the Schaller roller for the Lyre tailpiece

5rWAuKF.jpg

and here's the whole thing.

9IOTju3.jpg

I've been after this particular guitar for months and watched (in horror) as it went from the original owner to one flipper after another after another, bouncing from one end of the country to the other.  I just couldn't swing it whenever it would resurface but my wife came to the rescue and floated me a loan for this one.  She's a keeper and so is this guitar.

It's in really good shape but the gold plating is mostly rubbed off of the Lyre bit.  It kind of looks like someone used a metal polish and went oops...

Hope you guys enjoyed watching me put together the COVID Collection and poking fun at Gibson's ICONIC marketing machine.  

That guitar is so cool I want it bad. congrats man!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 5:18 AM, SteveFord said:

This, of course, but only so I can do the bit at 4:50 seconds.  Maybe even do a little whammy bar action to spiff it up a bit.

I hope your gonna do it wearing Manz's boots.

Mackay has b-itchen pants.

I need to play some Roxy Music. After Siren they changed too much. And then Lounge RM carried into Brian's solo career.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper