Gibson Brands Forums

Anthem Test Track with my J50

BluesKing777

Here is a little instrumental of a tune some may recognise to test the Baggs Anthem pickup in my 2002 Gibson J50, plugged to a preamp for some EQ and to my mixer/Imac to record.

There seems to be plenty of wind and protest getting around, so:

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

On 11/5/2020 at 4:24 AM, jedzep said:

Joan Baez just called and said she wishes she thought of this version first.  Protests may subside here soon, as it's looking like we're dumping the 'maniac-in-chief'.

So glad to hear your votes counted.  

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Haha 1

Last time I checked it looked like a dead heat and you have to have both of ‘em!😵

Dad, I want a guitar, want a guitar, want a guitar, want a guitar........

but Dad, I don’t want that Luna Safari Muse Spruce Travel at $169 or the Luna Safari Bamboo Travel at $179.......

I want the Gibson L-00 Original!

BluesKing777.

Thanks HH!

No result yet? I can follow it from the other side of the world due to the internet. We buy, sell, pay tax online, surely voting could be online by now? The result would be instant, like the online Lotto! The other week I had to physically post my vote for the local council in a postbox!

BluesKing777.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:24 PM, jedzep said:

Joan Baez just called and said she wishes she thought of this version first.  Protests may subside here soon, as it's looking like we're dumping the 'maniac-in-chief'.

Well it took longer than expected but all they gotta do is wedge him out!

I was going to mention the other day (before the delay) that my track above is based on the melody of Dylan’s “Blowing In The Wind” for the first 2 choruses and the last chorus is loosely based on Dylan’s “Changing Of The Guard”......😎

BluesKing777.