Gibson Brands Forums

Who has the best nuts?

Thundergod

Actually who makes the best nuts? and what's the best material?

I want to order a better nut for my lester... doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the one that came with her, but a while ago it got a little scratch and I can't stand to look at her and see that thing...

so if I'm changing it I might as well upgrade it to a better nut.

What do you recommend? Bone? Plastic? Metal? Meat? (I'm going with bone... but had to ask, you never know what people will like...) And who do you recommend I order from?

I've been wondering this as well.

My nut causes the G and B strings to go out of tune, especially since I'm a furious strummer.

I've heard a lot of people swear by bone nuts but I too was wondering what the benefits are, where I could find one for my SG Standard, and how much will it run me?

When the original nut on my '64 Strat snapped (fatigue - me and it) I got a replacement bone nut from my local music shop, sanded it to profile (it was easily done), and it was perfect for the next fifteen years+. Still going strong when I sold the thing.

How they hanging today Homz?

Low and to the left, you?

Hey what did you think about the "Red House" song I sent you?

BTW, KSG is no longer a member of the secret society that gets Wicked Red songs via e mail. I may add him back to the list since he stopped being mean to me, but I'm still in the recovery stage.

Foot-long and two in a bunch. Brattworst and potatoes.

Truth is I haven't listened to it yet. I've been really busy.

I guess I can tell you and everybody else, I'm starting a book. So on top of all my other responsibilities, I've taken James Allen's advice and started writing a situational comedy. I think I have a great idea and we'll see what happens.

I take a good, hard listen Saturday and let you know what I think.

At least with you guys you're recording what you're doing. That's great. Keep it up.

Don't take KSG out of the secret society of listeners just because of the little tiff you guys had.

He's not as bad as you think he is. Besides, he was probably one of the first on your short list.

Archived