Gibson Brands Forums

Earth Hour

Rocky4

Earth Hour invites one billion people in more than 2800 cities representing 83 countries to turn off their lights for one hour – tonight, Saturday, March 28 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Paris, Sydney, London, Cairo, New York, Los Angeles and Cape Town, will join together to demonstrate their commitment to energy conservation and sustainability

I voted no...not because I don't care about our planet but because I don't pretend to care for one hour out of the year and feel like I'm making a difference. I do what I can everyday to make sure I don't just waste energy. My computer is only on when I'm sitting in front of it, I don't leave all the lights on in the house, etc.

Sounds Great!

I'm going to load the family up in the Suburban and drive up and down Broadway!

Then, we're going to the air conditioned mall and walk around under the HPS lights.

Then, just for kicks, we're going to go McDonalds for some cheeseburgers.

Oh yeah. We'll do our part.

Earth Hour invites one billion people in more than 2800 cities representing 83 countries to turn off their lights for one hour

Oh god...

On this day' date=' cities around the world, including Paris, Sydney, London, Cairo, New York, Los Angeles and Cape Town, will join together to demonstrate their commitment to energy conservation and sustainability

[/quote']

There committed for one whole hour? What dedication! :P

I just came back from a nice carbon free walk. (with the exception of my cigarettes). Kissed every tree I passed.

I hardly ever have the lights on here at the old creepy mansion anyway...

Kinda hard to have a carbon free walk when your a carbon based life form. :P

I'll turn off the lights....Then Crank my Amps, Fire up the PA, Start the Fostex, and Jam in the dark for an hour.

I'll help save the world by supporting legislature that provides funding for Wind, Solar, and Ocean Current electric power.

Archived