Gibson Brands Forums

Good Deal...or Waste of money?

brad1

I picked up this four-pack of storage straps at Tractor Supply yesterday. 
I'll use them for guitar cables and mic cords, I reckon. 
$6.99 for the four of them. 

I have a couple of the larger ones for securing my heavy-duty extension cords, so I know the quality is good. 

So now I'm jonesing to go back and buy a bunch more. 
Why do I feel this compulsion to purchase more of them?
All my gear cables and cords are neatly rolled up, secured with various coloured Velcro straps, and secured in tote bags.
These will be surplus, and may or may not go into service. 

Is it that they are so affordable.?
Vexing it is. 

😐

HD-104-10BX_f08745cf-262a-4ce2-9603-4d44

104-10BX_Out-of-Packaging_1800x1800_7edd

7in-HD-Main-Image-Close-Up_2000x.jpg?v=1

PS You can never have too many drumsticks. 
I keep several pairs handy in my music room. 
There's always at least one missing. 

It's like socks in the dryer or something. 
🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Retired said:

Priscilla had some great ones, She gave us all of hers.  We did the same as you, We recorded most of them all off of tv.  I have no idea how many we had, I'm guessing around at least a thousand or more. Maybe 1,600 too 1,800? They filled trash sack after trash sack full and some were videos of Christmas together and vacations. I had one that channel 3 news did of me giving their camera man a ride down the quarter mile.  I told them it wasn't legal because the passenger seat was a dummy seat. It was not bolted to the frame, it just had 2 quick release pins holding it to the aluminum floor. The track officials approved it and they wanted to get a perspective of me coming off the line with the race car besides me slightly in front of me. The whole thing was screwed up. I wasn't supposed to get on it hard. At the Christmas tree, my line lock froze and wouldn't release. The Nova shot way out in front.  I taped  the line lock switch a couple of times and it released.  The Colt shot off the line like a rocket when the guy in the Nova slowed down not knowing what happened.  I shot way out in front of him while he accelerated trying to catch me. I was so far ahead of him that he couldn't catch me till the end and I was hitting the brakes the whole time letting him catch me Lol. I got back in the pits and the camera guy couldn't wait to get out. He told channel 3 news, "Never Again.!"  Haha, I think he crapped his pants.  He was scared stiff.  I may have done a wheel stand coming off the line.  I'll always miss that one but I know of no-one that has a VHS for sale.  They are all gone anyway. 

Actually, since by the mid to late '80's VCRs  became relatively cheap, (And at the time, Detroit had no cable service) we had two VCRs.  One to play the tape on and the other to copy the movie.    And, at LP speed, I was able to get two movies per VHS cassette.   But, when MACROVISION came into play, it cut down on my ability to copy.  Only a couple or so movie companies used it on their video releases, and the "descramblers" were too pricey for me, what with legal fees and child support to consider.  By '90 or '91 I quit doing that altogether.  I still have my old VHS camcorder, but the battery died ages ago, and the charger crawled away somewhere not to be found and replacements aren't available.  For either charger or batteries.  I keep it around for the hell of it.  Gets a laugh out of some people, and doesn't really take up much space.  Same with my Sharp Super-8 camcorder.  The Sharp no  longer records, but can still play with the use of the power adapter,  so now and then I look at old footage of people and pets that are long gone.    And BTW------

How far did that cameraman run before he eventually stopped?  [laugh]   And did he leave a trail of dust, or something else?  \:D/

Whitefang

On 6/19/2021 at 8:11 AM, fortyearspickn said:

I don't even play the drums and I have a box of 12 Drumsticks in the freezer.  

I like the ones with the chocolate they sneak into the ice cream. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper