Gibson Brands Forums

4th of july

jvi

HA!  A wedding shower on "Independence day"! [cool]

Sounds a bit "antonymic" to me.  [wink]

But I do wish him and his intended the best, and everyone else here a good 4th and may they all keep their eyesight and all their fingers.  \:D/

Whitefang

We had a great time today at my son and daughter-in-law’s house.  Lots of family and friends.   35-40 people.   Three of us played some songs, had lots of ice tea and a couple beers, and mountains of food..  Literally everyone was wearing something patriotic, which I found pretty cool.   The 4th and Christmas are my favorite holidays. ……For me, this is truly an awesome place to live.

Ha!   Beer AND fireworks!  What could possibly go wrong?  [wink]

Neighboring cities Ecorse, MI and Wyandotte, Mi have big firework displays every 4th.  Have done so since I can remember.  They're both located on the Detroit river so barges were always used to launch the fireworks.  But I don't know if they had them this year.  I know last year's were cancelled.  

Whitefang

That was sad.  It happened at the home of former Detroit Red Wing goalie Manny Legace's home in Novi, MI.  less than 20 miles from where I live. His being so young and with a promising career is what makes it even sadder.

Whitefang