Gibson Brands Forums

Pretty Sky Photos

saturn

5 hours ago, jdgm said:

Amazing!  I've saved that one. 

I like the bit in the shade on the left, is that on your property?

You've got rainbows and house is looking good [thumbup]

Thanks jdgm! We are getting close and very excited. Nov 9th will be 3 years since the fire. 

The shade to the left of the second photo is actually our neighbor. Looks like we barely missed the pot of gold! I wouldn't venture down there anyway. mountain lion sightings have been frequent lately (I'm serious). One grabbed a kid in their back yard in Calabasas recently (close by). Mom saved the child and the sheriff came and shot it. Won't take the chance!

Edited by Tman

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, too bad.  What I mean is, going by that photo, it would appear the pot of gold wasn't on your property.  [wink]

Nice shot though.  If I were you, I'd get an 8x10 print of it and frame it for the wall.  [cool]

Whitefang

😆 The left arm is in the Rosenthal winery estate. They are already rich. 

The 8x10 is exactly the plan! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kidblast said:

here's a few...

Wells Beach Maine sunrise

23157011_10208294543120738_3986787931310

Cape Neddick Maine

1934504_1035561988819_6078931_n.jpg?_nc_

Evening stroll on the boardwark along Lake Champlain 

1934504_1035562108822_665969_n.jpg?_nc_c

Cape Neddick, sunset.

1934504_1035562028820_5769109_n.jpg?_nc_

Another one from Cape Neddick just at sunset

971333_4292059639225_1710961849_n.jpg?_n

The Cape Neddick sunset shot ( with the boat in the foreground) is an excellent photo.

Good depth of field with various layers back to front, and well-placed objects to lead the viewers eye through the image.

In my opinion the best of the five in this post.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

The Cape Neddick sunset shot ( with the boat in the foreground) is an excellent photo.

Good depth of field with various layers back to front, and well-placed objects to lead the viewers eye through the image.

RBSinTo

thx for those kind words!

18 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

RBSinTo

They're all good, but the bottom pic, JUST at sunset,   shows a well defined subject succinctly  lighted and in obedience of photography's "rule of thirds".  [wink]

That idea being to imagine the entire image divided into 3rds, Then placing the subject into either the right or left 3rd.  And as the light tower is the dominant point of interest,  showing it as the forefront of the structures and facing the ocean further defining it's purpose.    Tell ya what kid....

Wouldn't mind a print of that one m'self.  [cool]

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

They're all good, but the bottom pic, JUST at sunset,   shows a well defined subject succinctly  lighted and in obedience of photography's "rule of thirds".  [wink]

That idea being to imagine the entire image divided into 3rds, Then placing the subject into either the right or left 3rd.  And as the light tower is the dominant point of interest,  showing it as the forefront of the structures and facing the ocean further defining it's purpose.    Tell ya what kid....

Wouldn't mind a print of that one m'self.  [cool]

Whitefang

that was taken on an afternoon in November when we were up there for the week.

Got there about 30 minutes before sunset.  it was crazy cold and windy.  took a few shots,  and walked around some, but it was just too cold to stay out there long.

we waited in the car for the light to get "right",  that's when I got this one.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kidblast said:

that is the secret to any thing that has to do with a good photograph 

Really excellent photos. The Lake Champlain photo is great sort of horizontal thirds.  

My son went to school in Vermont and we drove from Boston to there along the short New Hampshire coast and then visited southern Maine taking a roundabout way. Striking scenery.

5 hours ago, Tman said:

Really excellent photos. The Lake Champlain photo is great sort of horizontal thirds.  

My son went to school in Vermont and we drove from Boston to there along the short New Hampshire coast and then visited southern Maine taking a roundabout way. Striking scenery.

Tman,  it's not like Colorado which is just filled with incredible beauty, or the great northwest corner, but New England has plenty of it's own charm, especially in Autumn, (like now..)

we're heading back to Maine in a few weeks, I am looking forward to a few walks with the DSLR.

5 hours ago, kidblast said:

Tman,  it's not like Colorado which is just filled with incredible beauty, or the great northwest corner, but New England has plenty of it's own charm, especially in Autumn, (like now..)

we're heading back to Maine in a few weeks, I am looking forward to a few walks with the DSLR.

One thing we don't get here is the autumn leaves. Growing up the Ozarks were really nice but i'm sure not the same as New England. Would love to see some fall colors Including the sky if I may request? 😃

2 hours ago, Tman said:

One thing we don't get here is the autumn leaves. Growing up the Ozarks were really nice but i'm sure not the same as New England. Would love to see some fall colors Including the sky if I may request? 😃

Request granted!

1401657_10201845511058967_30115697342316

no sky here, but some of golden leaves that autumn brings.

245148088_10217228095373961_306871634004

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...