Gibson Brands Forums

The Guv'nor (and other marshall PEDALS) club

Thundergod

Just wanting to know which members own and love the Guvnor pedal (by marshall). I know AXE does... and it is my favorite pedal (actually my favorite pedals are all marshall pedals: the guv'nor plus, the regenerator, and the echohead).

So, do you own one? Have tried one? Did you like it? If you own one, what settings do you use more often?

If you don't own a Guv'nor plus, but own any other marshall pedal, feel free to name it and give us your opinion.

Pics from the net:

marsh-peds-new.jpg

marshall_wnamm06pedals.jpg

I have the original Guv'nor. It's built like a tank and goes great with my JMP 50. It even sounds like a Marshall when going direct with a speaker sim.

IMG_7607640x480.jpg

Cool pedal... really=p~

I have read only great things about it but have seen just one in person and didn't get to try it](*,)

I have the chance to borrow one from my brother in law...Should I make a bigger effort to collect it??

Regards

Flight959

I toured the Marshall factory when I was stationed in the UK - Milton Keynes I believe. You should buy one and take it there and have Jim Marshall sign the inside of it - how cool would that be?

He only signed a couple of posters for me, but that's all I had at the time.

I don't have one' date=' but only hear great stuff about these pedals especially the Guv'nor.

Have they stopped making them because they are really hard to find for sale these days?[/quote']

They are still on Marshall's web, but I haven't been able to find them on MFers, GC, music123, Zzounds, or samash's websites.

But there probably are some on ebay (I guess)

Since this thread was started I began looking for the Guv'nor - you guys give it high marks in sound quality.

According to MF they have been discontinued: Guv'nor discontinued

On Ebay they go for anywhere between $40-$60 plus shipping.

In your opinion, are these fair prices? Would it be worth the $60 plus $10 shipping?

I'm thinking about getting one.

Just wanting to know which members own and love the Guvnor pedal (by marshall). I know AXE does... and it is my favorite pedal (actually my favorite pedals are all marshall pedals: the guv'nor plus' date=' the regenerator, and the echohead).

So, do you own one? Have tried one? Did you like it? If you own one, what settings do you use more often?

If you don't own a Guv'nor plus, but own any other marshall pedal, feel free to name it and give us your opinion.

[/quote']

I have a Guvnor Plus and an Ibanez TS9DX. I love the Marshall pedal way more but I like having the ts9 for lighter overdrive.

Bringing this topic up yet once more.

I bought the Guv'nor off of Ebay and I paid $45 total - shipping included.

I just got it so I've not had a chance to even make sure it works. But I'll get downstairs within the next hour and giver her a go.

For those who have this pedal what are your favorite settings?

I set the clean channel up where I" like it full and natural.

Gain 10 oclock

Bass and Deep bass 9 oclock

Mid 10 oclock - treble 2 oclock

Volume 2 oclock.

This is where the pedal is set now.

Has a nice warm vintage sound.

Amps vary so will settings.

...so are you new guv'nor owners likeng it?

I tried mine out earlier today and yes I like it. It sounds better than I expected so yeah you guys gave some good advice about a good pedal. Too bad they don't sell them any longer.

Archived