Gibson Brands Forums

brad1

Since I've been seeing so much discussion lately about semi-hollow guitars and P90s, I thought I would show off my new acquisition. 

It's a Gretsch G2622-P90 Streamliner Center Block Double-Cut P90 with V-Stoptail - Claret Burst.

I've been seeing these for a while, when I noticed a brand new one on Reverb for 50 bucks off the normal selling price. And it was 30 minutes away, so I could lose the shipping fee. 

I got in touch with the guy and asked if he would take another 25 dollars off his asking price, and if I could come by to pick it up. He answered yes to both questions. So she's mine now.

I really like this guitar. It sounds great and feels wonderful when I play it; good, low action, and nice workmanship. I took off the Gretsch pickguard because it was way to close to the high E string and I kept hitting it with my pick. Besides, it shows more of the wonderful claret burst finish. The P 90s sound great! I highly recommend![biggrin]

5cVEQEn.jpeg

xwO7InT.jpeg

tWwGZXO.jpeg

Edited by brad1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

Two volume, one tone, and a master volume.

I can't say how it sounds compared to a Gibson P90 because I've never played one before. Sorry. 

I like them. They don't make a lot of noise when dirtied up, and when clean and with a good compressor pedal, you can crank it up and still get a nasty tone from them. I really like them.

They also sound great perfectly clean. 

It's my first Gretsch and I can see now why so many people like them.

I have a differnet opinion on their drums....

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Sweet looking guitar.   Great color.  Enjoy.

Thanks! I like it too.

12 hours ago, saturn said:

Very cool. 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Looks good. I prefer P90s on hollowbodies. Enjoy

I appreciate it!