Gibson Brands Forums

Adapt, improvise & overcome

tlwwalker

Last night, only three of our members of our five piece band could make it. With no bass nor drummer we went to vocals practice. With a Gibson Hummingbird and a Gibson L-4A EC providing the accompanyment, we worked through Wagon Wheel, Find the Cost of Freedom, Seven Bridges Road , Willin' and The Joker. We had multiple takes of each, concentrating  on the three part harmonies found in each song. We recorded for self evaluation, which is a very humbling exercise. We were pleased with the results. It was a change from the louder fare we usually emit.

A few cold ones. Much fun was had.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the part in the Eagles documentary where they talk about the “Circle Of Fear”…..

My Brother & I have been singing together for 50 years… We started as an Acoustic Duo way back when… We’ve done tons of stuff since & been in several Electric Bands since then..

But, to get real, we always go back to the 2 of us on Acoustics singing Harmony unplugged…. That’s the best..

That is always a standard plan B for us, we'll work on vocals, or something else. 

It's an originals band mostly, we've even come up with a few ideas that survive to actually develop into songs.

There is never a need to waste a night if you learn how to play the cards you're dealt.