Gibson Brands Forums

Standard in White???

1773lx

Hi everybody!

I've got a Standard completely white dressed - never seen one like before...

Made in 2000, black pickguard - it looks like a Custom but it's not, it's a Standard!

Verified possible faking: no way, all things at their place, pu's, electronics, stamps, regular s/n and so on.

I'd never seen a similar one before buying it and I've never seen after.

Anybody has?

Anybody heard about?

TY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everybody!

I've got a Standard completely white dressed - never seen one like before...

Made in 2000' date=' black pickguard - it looks like a Custom but it's not, it's a Standard!

Verified possible faking: no way, all things at their place, pu's, electronics, stamps, regular s/n and so on.

I'd never seen a similar one before buying it and I've never seen after.

Anybody has?

Anybody heard about?

TY[/quote']

i saw one on gbase before.

That most definitely looks like a fake. The body shape isn't quite right, the binding has no nibs, the tailpiece/bridge placement doesn't look right, the toggle switch isn't gibson, and i've seen that gibson sticker on the black plate of most fakes. The fakes are getting better though, the headstock allllmost looks right. Where'd ya buy it?

Wow, that's nice. I've never seen white with binding before, truly unusual.

Is the headstock just blank below the Gibson logo ?

I have a suggestion, maybe you should remove the picture of the back of the

headstock. You will prevent someone from copying a good Gibson serial number.

Steve Stevens of Billy Idol fame plays a white Standard, but that one you have looks a little askew to me, the pegheads all wrong, the pickguard looks funny too, the pickup surrounds are fatter than they should be, ala Epiphone, I have an Epi, and to put it alongside my Goldtop you can see differences all over the place. To answer your question, yes they make a white Standard. Is yours a Gibson? I don't think it is.

That is fake. Wrong tuners, wrong TRC, wrong pickguard, no fret edge binding, silver screws on the pup rings, wrong case, wrong bridge, serial looks wrong, finish is too shiney, logo doesn't look right, speed knobs? :-&

I dunno, maybe it was just the angle the shot was taken, but the top left of the peghead sticks out farther than the right side does, and the bridge screws are small to like an Epiphone, and unless it had a fretjob, that's not right either. But that peghead really does look "doctored", and the trusscover's all wrong too...

he did say it was made in 2000.

so thats 8 years that that guitar has potentially been around.

my Gibson is a 2001 and is FAR from stock at this point.

sperzels

bigsby

stripped and waxed

totally different bridge set up.

I understand the frustration that this flood of counterfeits has created.

but maybe a little more info on where the guitar was bought, was it a private sale?

used from a local store?

maybe a pic of the interior electronics cavity?

a little soon to "yell fire in a crowded theater".

Archived