Gibson Brands Forums

Ceiling Mount Mic Stands. (Great idea for clumsy folks like me)

duane v

In attempt to make additional room in my Rehearsal Room  I have decided to go with ceiling mount mic stands, what triggered this is one of my jamming buddies was playing my Epiphone JL Revolution and accidently smacked the headstock against the mic stand and it completely snapped off.. uggh. .... I had it repaired and it's as good as new..... But the final straw was last week when I was heading over to shut off the electronic drum set brain module, I tripped over the mic boom stand feet, fell and broke the left side of the drum set frame...double uggh.... Got that replaced... 

One of the ceiling stands is coming today and I will post pics. 

Installed the ceiling stand apparatus last night and it's pretty straight forward. At some point today I'll run the mic cable.

The other ceiling stand should be here today. With just one of the mic stands removed from the room it makes a huge difference in terms of less clutter

FullSizeRender(53).jpg

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Now you're going to get drunk and rack your head into the mic stand! 😂

lol

Smacking my hard head is the least of my worries. If I remember after we are done jamming all I need to do is rotate the stand to the left to clear a path for my guitars. 

21 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Wow, such a thing,, I've never seen...

The wife would love this in the living room.. (NOT!)

My wife kinda giggled as well.... she told me initially "if you would just watch where you were walking you wouldn't need that." But I rarely take advice from her about the Jimi Hendrix Room... well unless she wants to buy me something, then I'm open for suggestions. 

18 minutes ago, duane v said:

My wife kinda giggled as well.... she told me initially "if you would just watch where you were walking you wouldn't need that." But I rarely take advice from her about the Jimi Hendrix Room... well unless she wants to buy me something, then I'm open for suggestions. 

I think that's a pretty good plan over all Duane.. They usually get most things right,, but rarely things "music"... But, ya smile, and ya nod, and ya do those kinds-a things

On 6/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, duane v said:

Installed the ceiling stand apparatus last night and it's pretty straight forward. At some point today I'll run the mic cable.

The other ceiling stand should be here today. With just one of the mic stands removed from the room it makes a huge difference in terms of less clutter

FullSizeRender(53).jpg

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

Wow, that's pretty cool! I like it! I mean, why not?

It makes perfect sense.

Edited by Pinch

On 6/10/2022 at 5:35 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

The white matches the ceiling, but not the ceiling stand. Are they stands if they come form the ceiling?

They don't make them in white and I wasn't going to paint them.

To your own interpretation I guess. Probably the correct description would be Ceiling Mount Mic Boom.... Who's care really. I think most reasonable folks get the point.