Gibson Brands Forums

Tennessee Knows How to Party

badbluesplayer

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love when 'Bama looses. They will probably bounce back with a big win, 102 - 0, over the West Central Old England College of Dental Techs next week.

So do I. 
I went to the University of Georgia. And grew up in Georgia 

• Like 1

@ghost_of_fl yeah, I laughed!  America throws down the dollars for some football, doesn't it...  What we pay for men who can carry an odd-shaped ball over a line on a field over and over and over again...  What we - the people - value for these men...  Now that college players can be paid or something like that now... Don't know much about it, but I think I heard about this somewhere.  I don't pay much attention though to football.  I understand the game and all that - watch a game here and there with my friends.  But, I was one of those engineers in a classroom where the ceiling leaked every time it rained.  I'm doing good today thankfully.  So whatever though to these brave young lads who test their physical limits every time they step out on the field for a friendly game of football.  Best of luck to them all!  😁  I feel like I should have ripped down the goalposts when I graduated with my degree, haha!  Yeah!  You like that!?

On 10/17/2022 at 11:40 AM, badbluesplayer said:

Tennessee'll prob lose to a quilting seminar next week.  And now they're collecting cash to rebuild the goalposts.  I think I'll invent quick-release goalposts.

Understand they just made the final payment on the one the fans tore down.  And they're probably collecting cash to pay the $100,000 fine they're facing for not restraining the fans from running on the field.  After fishing that goalpost out of the Tennessee river, it'll probably not be worth putting it back up.  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

On 10/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, NighthawkChris said:

@ghost_of_fl yeah, I laughed!  America throws down the dollars for some football, doesn't it...  What we pay for men who can carry an odd-shaped ball over a line on a field over and over and over again...  What we - the people - value for these men...  Now that college players can be paid or something like that now... Don't know much about it, but I think I heard about this somewhere.  I don't pay much attention though to football.  I understand the game and all that - watch a game here and there with my friends.  But, I was one of those engineers in a classroom where the ceiling leaked every time it rained.  I'm doing good today thankfully.  So whatever though to these brave young lads who test their physical limits every time they step out on the field for a friendly game of football.  Best of luck to them all!  😁  I feel like I should have ripped down the goalposts when I graduated with my degree, haha!  Yeah!  You like that!?

Fortunately, for us engineers, football thins out the competition in the brains department.  Leaves more work for us.

• Haha 1