Gibson Brands Forums

Stones

Buc McMaster

Hey y'all.  I no longer own an acoustic guitar but I ran across this video from a few years back and was impressed with the tone of my old blue Hummingbird.  Can't honestly say I miss it as the tune works just fine on a Telecaster, but it's good to have memories, huh.......  This is an original song that was inspired by a line my brother once uttered and I call it hillbilly gospel........  iPad recording of dubious quality.

Stones + Bird = Surprise                                             , , , , , expected Salt of The Earth or something like that. 

Not so with performance. You sir, were meant to do trix like this. 

But not having an acoustic. Well, , , the world is strange. . . 

25 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Stones + Bird = Surprise                                             , , , , , expected Salt of The Earth or something like that. 

Not so with performance. You sir, were meant to do trix like this. 

But not having an acoustic. Well, , , the world is strange. . . 

Exactly. We got cafished. See how tricky guitar players get when they no longer have an acoustic.

A fine tune, and the 'Bird does sound good, you know.

My apologies for the apparent confusion.........not!  😆

Indeed, I sold this last acoustic I had a few months ago.  These days I'm rockin' these guitars and this little Princeton Reverb and seeking to join a band.  Done a few open mics and found them to be much the same chaos I remembered them to be.............but fun!

AGZzT1b.jpg

Also have a Marshall Origin 20C and a classic Marshall 1974X LTD that is marvelous.

Edited by Buc McMaster

1 hour ago, Buc McMaster said:

Indeed, I sold this last acoustic I had a few months ago.  These days I'm rockin' these guitars and this little Princeton Reverb and seeking to join a band.  Done a few open mics and found them to be much the same chaos I remembered them to be.............but fun!

Good to hear that U are rolling, , , and the demo track is splendid. Wonder how you imagined it arranged, , , IF of course there were supposed to be additional instruments at all. 

Both of these tracks are marvelous, Buc. Outstanding! I'm glad you are posting again.

I can understand adventures in electric land, but not leaving without an acoustic waiting for you to return.  I've recently been learning to play a Rickenbacker electric 12-string, which is glorious fun and sounds like heaven, by the acoustic will always be my home. 

Lars