Gibson Brands Forums

Canadas Riversong Guitars chosen best !

jvi

19 minutes ago, Murph said:

I read in that same article about Micky Dolenz being voted the World's best drummer.

Some weird reading material you guys have up there...

I saw Micky in the early-1980s at one of those Monkees Reunion gigs.  Had me a great time.  He is also slated to play down the road next April on his current tour.  I told my wife to snag tickets if she wanted.   Hot Tuna is playing the same venue the same week which we already have tickets for.  Jorma and Jack are charging $30.  Tickets for Micky are going for $70.  That must say something although what that is I am not sure.

As to Riversong Guitars I do not recall anybody asking my opinion.

Edited by zombywoof

them guys are so typical of us canucks   , Im not saying this company will rule the guitar world but its nice to be in the game, havnt even seen one but there is a dealer in Victoria I will check out ( yes I will still love gibby, marti and taylor and all the others. I did NOT see a mention of M.Dolenz, did you M ?

Edited by jvi
addition

How goes one even define what “best” means in a guitar? Wouldn’t that depend on the player, their style of playing and tonal preference? I’m sure you could use some things like fit and finish as a little more measurable quantity but after that it gets subjective. Never heard of them but i have no doubt they are fine guitars.

4 minutes ago, J185cat said:

How goes one even define what “best” means in a guitar? Wouldn’t that depend on the player, their style of playing and tonal preference? I’m sure you could use some things like fit and finish as a little more measurable quantity but after that it gets subjective. Never heard of them but i have no doubt they are fine guitars.

Yet every guitar player pole lists Jimi as the BEST guitarist of all time. The man has been gone over 50 years, and we are supposed to think no players have advanced past playing with your teeth, or behind your head, and lighting a Strat on fire? Well I got two words for you Richard Thompson, oh you want two more Lindsey Buckingham. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I'd give $ 70.00 to party with Micky. He HAS to do this, though.....

This was pretty much what the Reunion was like.  Lots of bits from the show thrown in.  But what cannot be denied is the Monkees released some of the most infectious pop music out there.

1 hour ago, jvi said:

Id buy the beer to party with bob and doug  , geddy too, maybe have  Alex to play a Riversong guitar   

I would too, but I could care less what guitar Alex brings as he is 1000 x 1000 better player than I am. And you know Ged is just a cool dude. I used to watch SCTV  when it was originally on. That show had/has some legends come out of that show.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

this builder has some different takes on design, checked out the storey and it was interesting if you like to read "aboot"  guitars  (not how we pronounce about by the way )   seems like the best are pricey and the least expensive may not be completely made here. Still a git is a git is a git if its good.

21 minutes ago, slimt said:

There expensive.  I looked at one here.  It was not cheap.     However I did get a wooden pick. 

There expensive? 4k? You have seen Gibsons prices I’m sure? Is 4k a lot - yep. How many Gibby acoustic are in that price range - a lot. And I saw one that had the patented 2 hole Gibson design. I smell a USA - Canuck lawsuit.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 hours ago, Dave F said:

We took a poll in our house and Peavey won out

I thought Peavey had gone out of business after that undercover boss show, and you never see any Peavey gear on stages anymore.

I guess they make kid stuff now.

13 minutes ago, Murph said:

I thought Peavey had gone out of business after that undercover boss show, and you never see any Peavey gear on stages anymore.

I guess they make kid stuff now.

Here is there website. Looks like U C B did not take them down.

https://peavey.com/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper