Gibson Brands Forums

Been A While

Sgt. Pepper

Here is a list of bands that haven’t released anything in over 5 years. #1 on the list thank the lord they haven’t, and most of the rest too. Who needs another Stones, U2 or Roger Waters album?

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-stars-no-albums-over-five-years/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I'm looking forward to the Roger Watters/Steven Seagal collaboration.

If J Depp is going to be involved that would be the only way I would be fully invested.

The last time I saw Rog he was absolutely horrible on the Radio KAOS Tour.  The Pros And Cons Tour was damn good though.

I'll bet The Edge is getting custom built processors to make even more Jugga Jugga sounds on his guitar. That has to be the delay.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

KISS can stay gone too,  far as I'm concerned.  And I wonder what a Johnny Depp/ Russell Crowe  collaboration would be like.

A lot of the guys on that list are rather long in the tooth.  Or should I say dentures?  [wink]  And Neil Young is getting(or has gotten?) to the stage where he'll have to revise his song "Like A Hurricane" to a song called, "Like A Hurry Cane".  

s809891359424567114_p67_i3_w522.jpeg

Whitefang

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

KISS can stay gone too,  far as I'm concerned.  And I wonder what a Johnny Depp/ Russell Crowe  collaboration would be like.

A lot of the guys on that list are rather long in the tooth.  Or should I say dentures?  [wink]  And Neil Young is getting(or has gotten?) to the stage where he'll have to revise his song "Like A Hurricane" to a song called, "Like A Hurry Cane".  

Whitefang

Seen Kiss 4 times. They do blow stuff up, but they are hacks as musicians. Saw Neil once. He was doing his I hate everything corporate on the This Notes For You Tour, and it was just okay when he did his older stuff. Joe Walsh came on stage for the encore of Tonights The Night. I saw them in Detroit. I think at the Palace In Auburn Hills if its still there. Neil Young - Mister you can have freedom of speech as long as it is what 'HE' agrees with.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

I'm waiting for Deep Purple to do "Smoke on My Walker" and "Woman From the Nursing Home".

• Like 2

I just got a confused emoji. I am not sure if the person is confused about the post? Its pretty straight forward what the topic is. I'm not asking if you went to luthier school or for your phone number. Just some bands have not put out music in a while and most I hope never do ever again. So are you unconfused now?

26 minutes ago, jvi said:

soooo, put old musicians in a home and take away the instruments ?

Many should not be allowed to play anymore. Like I said who need another Jagger/Richard album of blues standards? Or worse more original songs. They ever gonna top Sticky Fingers or Beggars Banquet or Let It Bleed, and I won't mention the one everyone gushes over, cause I can't stand it. Hey Keef ya got any more songs in Open G, I don't think we have done that 100 thousand times yet. There is a reason Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman split from the biggest band in the world at that time when they were making boatloads of cash. First Taylor was not into the immediate fame thrust upon him, and Wyman knew it was just a joke of a band by then. People love Tattoo You, but I can't understand why. It had been going down hill fast since Its Only Rock And Roll.

And sad 70 year old geezers putting on costumes to get back the glory days of the 70's. I Was Made For Loving You. You serious with this stuff. And then we got Shandi on the next album. That was the beginning of the end of the Kiss classic era.  Coc and booze ruined that band. I used to live for them when I was younger. Then the make up came off and no one liked them, and then the make up went back on, cause that is what the fans wanted.  We know what you look like now, so its to secret anymore.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Many should not be allowed to play anymore. Like I said who need another Jagger/Richard album of blues standards? Or worse more original songs. They ever gonna top Sticky Fingers or Beggars Banquet or Let It Bleed, and I won't mention the one everyone gushes over, cause I can't stand it. Hey Keef ya got any more songs in Open G, I don't think we have done that 100 thousand times yet. There is a reason Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman split from the biggest band in the world at that time when they were making boatloads of cash. First Taylor was not into the immediate fame thrust upon him, and Wyman knew it was just a joke of a band by then. People love Tattoo You, but I can't understand why. It had been going down hill fast since Its Only Rock And Roll.

And sad 70 year old geezers putting on costumes to get back the glory days of the 70's. I Was Made For Loving You. You serious with this stuff. And then we got Shandi on the next album. That was the beginning of the end of the Kiss classic era.  Coc and booze ruined that band. I used to live for them when I was younger. Then the make up came off and no one liked them, and then the make up went back on, cause that is what the fans wanted.  We know what you look like now, so its to secret anymore.

seriously you say  - "not allowed to play any more ?" - what punishment would your ban inflict?

19 minutes ago, jvi said:

seriously you say  - "not allowed to play any more ?" - what punishment would your ban inflict?

I've been banned. Who seriously need to hear new Stones, which is basically the worlds richest tribute band of themselves.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've been banned. Who seriously need to hear new Stones, which is basically the worlds richest tribute band of themselves.

What's funny to me is I remember an interview with Jagger back around the late '70's in which he sounded off about old rock stars still trying to do their thing after it was clear they were past their prime.  I remember him clearly stating....

"I can't see myself still shaking my bum singing "Satisfaction" when I'm 40.  By then I should just hang it up and enjoy my retirement."

But we wound up seeing him shake his pruny, bony a-ss and singing "Satisfaction" .

17 hours ago, Dave F said:

Turned 70 this past year. Is it too late for my debut album?

Never too late for a debut.  And at least we won't have to keep putting up with news about your latest tour 50 years from now.  [wink]

Unless along the way a good taxidermist is found.  [thumbup]

Whitefang