Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson factory video

duluthdan

9 hours ago, Murph said:

I swear I saw Teeter working on one.

Don't know if I would want Teeter bronco-busting on my guitar, but the last scene in the video had me wondering- is this the volière of Emin7's dreams, or is it a Brazilian monkey trap for Gibsonites?

x1hyzMF.png

kYzeRCK.png

• Like 1

Thank you so much for posting this!  It's really cool to see all the steps involved, and the great split between tech/CNC and hand-fitting.

The question I still have is - when does Gibson assign serial numbers to their guitars?  At what point in the process is that stamped on the back of the headstock, right before the finish goes on?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:21 AM, rustystrings said:

Thank you so much for posting this!  It's really cool to see all the steps involved, and the great split between tech/CNC and hand-fitting.

The question I still have is - when does Gibson assign serial numbers to their guitars?  At what point in the process is that stamped on the back of the headstock, right before the finish goes on?

Not sure about the acoustic ones, but on the electrics, it has to be before it’s finished. Sometimes there is so much spray you can barely make out the serial number when it’s sprayed with any color. The ones stained and nitroed you can read just fine.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper