Gibson Brands Forums

Gig bag for Gibson reverse flying V

RTM

13 hours ago, RTM said:

I tried searching for this but the only results I got were for everything but the reverse V..  Anyone know of a gig bag that fits these things??? Thanks 

Gibson may have the only ones that came with the originals. What after market case maker is going to waste time making something 4 people bought. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

That Reverse V should fit in there, and have room for his guitar tech to take a nap in.

There will be some additional space for sure. The Backwards V comes with a hard case that's the size of an EDS1275 case.

zjwh71j1f5b91.jpg

Thanks for the replies,, daughter wants to play it so need a bag for her to drag it around in, Hey if you haven't played one these things it will surprise you , short and pretty easy to hold onto and sounds great .. Anyway I have it in the gig bag that came with a Dean Stradi  and it just barely closes and it's too long by over a foot but does hold it.. Tried a double neck case but this things widest point is almost mid length so a no go there .   Thanks for the link Dave, might have to go custom to get something that fits it well.

Was thinking about a keyboard case but it seems most sellers just list the model keyboard they fit and not all the dimensions .

I asked because I thought maybe someone here had found something that fit theirs pretty well.. 

No worries

ill ask around and see if I can get you one to buy.

and don't listen to some that are knocking yours and your daughters guitar choice. Some folks around here at times have nothing better to do.

I'll keep you posted 

• Thanks 2

On 6/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, merciful-evans said:

a reverse V =

^

blowing my mind here...  I think we have always been playing on "reverse" Vs, so the "reverse" V as we think of it is actually right side up - when someone has one strapped up, that V is right-side up...  again, mind = blown!

17 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

blowing my mind here...  I think we have always been playing on "reverse" Vs, so the "reverse" V as we think of it is actually right side up - when someone has one strapped up, that V is right-side up...  again, mind = blown!

It worse with the non-reverse Firebird :-s

22 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I gave it some additional thought. For the V to be aerodynamic it would have to be turned, or it's not a "Flying" V. 

19 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I gave it some additional thought. For the V to be aerodynamic it would have to be turned, or it's not a "Flying" V. 

They should make a double neck and name it a Flying W.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinch said:

You see reverse Vs on ebay from time to time, but I've never actually heard of someone buying one, so this thread is kind of a one-off. 

I think they only made 4 and sold 2.

They should have ran over them with Excavators like they did with the Firebird X's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper