Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Meisner

Sgt. Pepper

I always think of the Eagles as three different bands. The first version with Bernie and the banjo and more country leanings. The second with Felder and Bernie, more rock but still the occasional twang. The third with Walsh and Felder a full on rock sound devoid of much of the country rock instrumentation. Randy got to experience all three of these. Notice I ignore the later incarnations and whatever the current milk-the-cash-cow version is.... sorry Joe if you are involved. You should punch Don Henley in the face.

11 hours ago, surfpup said:

I always think of the Eagles as three different bands. The first version with Bernie and the banjo and more country leanings. The second with Felder and Bernie, more rock but still the occasional twang. The third with Walsh and Felder a full on rock sound devoid of much of the country rock instrumentation. Randy got to experience all three of these. Notice I ignore the later incarnations and whatever the current milk-the-cash-cow version is.... sorry Joe if you are involved. You should punch Don Henley in the face.

Nope there is 4. The touring, we will cash in on our name and charge you lots to see a tribute band.

Joe is getting paid, and  falls right in line with the Henley machine, and if he wanted to punch Don he could have done so since 1976.

I just looked and Felder is coming to Charleston, SC on August 16th. I many need to look into tix.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1