Gibson Brands Forums

Miranda Lambert Bluebird

Hype

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They will give any Ken in a cowboy hat and a Barbie in boots an sig model to make a buck. I have heard a song or two from her, and it ain't the country I like. She is pretty easy to look at.

Wonder if she’ll scold you for taking selfies with it?

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not only scold, but stop the show, and try to embarrass me in the process.

She probably will. But it’s a nice looking guitar so it’s all good. You’ll probably have her beat in the skills department. She only knows a few cowboy chords if that.

I dig it, wouldn't own one, but I have a thing for blue guitars and this one has a certain sexiness about it.  Don't really know much about Maranda Lambert, don't really do signature guitars, so a firm no on owning one, but I appreciate the effort on Gibson Montana's part.

55 minutes ago, Hype said:

She probably will. But it’s a nice looking guitar so it’s all good. You’ll probably have her beat in the skills department. She only knows a few cowboy chords if that.

I know A and D. I think there is another one maybe 2. She does have me beat in the breast department.

• Like 1

It's cool if you like blue guitars.  Miranda is a real-deal songwriter, she writes most of her own stuff, and has since she was a teenager.  She's very talented, like her or not. She certainly knows more chords than Taylor Swift... who is also talented, like her or not.  (personally, I'm an old-school outlaw country guy, so these artists' current music isn't my bag.  I did like like Miranda's first 3 albums tho (she has 9 major label albums).

8 minutes ago, ruger9 said:

It's cool if you like blue guitars.  Miranda is a real-deal songwriter, she writes most of her own stuff, and has since she was a teenager.  She's very talented, like her or not. She certainly knows more chords than Taylor Swift... who is also talented, like her or not.  (personally, I'm an old-school outlaw country guy, so these artists' current music isn't my bag.  I did like like Miranda's first 3 albums tho (she has 9 major label albums).

Albums and sales don’t mean a damn thing anymore. A kid with a laptop in his parents basement can write lyrics and make an album.

There are lots of songwriters out there. Some people, that’s all they do then Nashville says okay Ken, okay Barbie record this or move on and get told by the next label the same thing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

At $4649, I doubt it it will inspire girls to play. First your out of your mind Miranda if you think, now these are the exact words of the article, young girls, can afford it. Anyone know a 15 year old girl with an extra $4649 lying around?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-miranda-lambert-bluebird-hummingbird

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

41 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

At $4649, I doubt it it will inspire girls to play. First your out of your mind Miranda if you think, now these are the exact words of the article, young girls, can afford it. Anyone know a 15 year old girl with an extra $4649 lying around?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-miranda-lambert-bluebird-hummingbird

Don't disagree with that at all.  But album sales and hits do mean something.  Yes, both Justin Bieber and Willie Nelson have achieved both, and no they are not comparable, but it does mean something.  Taylor Swift is selling out stadiums.  Like her or not,  she's a huge and talented star.  Just because you may not like her music doesn't mean it's not good, it just means it's not good TO YOU.  Millions of people think you're wrong lol.

I have music I can't stand either. The current bro country thing is godawful.   The difference is, in 10 years no one will care who Florida Georgia Line was. In 10 years Miranda Lambert will still be appearing on the opry, and in 20 years Taylor Swift will still be one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) female singing start of all-time (she just surpassed the former female singer album sales leader, Barbara Streisand.)

Edited by ruger9

19 minutes ago, ruger9 said:

Don't disagree with that at all.  But album sales and hits do mean something.  Yes, both Justin Bieber and Willie Nelson have achieved both, and no they are not comparable, but it does mean something.  Taylor Swift is selling out stadiums.  Like her or not,  she's a huge and talented star.  Just because you may not like her music doesn't mean it's not good, it just means it's not good TO YOU.  Millions of people think you're wrong lol.

I have music I can't stand either. The current bro country thing is godawful.   The difference is, in 10 years no one will care who Florida Georgia Line was. In 10 years Miranda Lambert will still be appearing on the opry, and in 20 years Taylor Swift will still be one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) female singing start of all-time (she just surpassed the former female singer album sales leader, Barbara Streisand.)

I know T S is selling out stadiums. The Rolling Stones could announce tomorrow they are playing 14 days straight at MSG and sell everyone of them out, but their a joke now, and have been for a long time. Album sales mean nothing in this day and age. Artists make $ touring. That’s why when we masked up it killed the nobody’s that depended on touring to live. U2 were fine, The Stones were fine, but your Ken and Barbie nobody’s who just got signed, better have had something to fall back on. They were not fine.

Oh and cause it’s a joke too, just induct T S to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame tomorrow. That means nothing either.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Where’s the Steve Goodman LG?

Don Gibson Super 400?

Bill Haley Super 400?

Hank Williams SJ?

Del Reeves SJ?

i have 850 posts on this board and i know two of those guys. as soon as the marketshare includes more than you and maybe one of your buddies (if the price is right) i dont see why we'd put out a signature guitar of a style no one plays anymore from a guy that died 41 years ago (Bill Haley). would love a hank williams SJ but i imagine his untimely demise would be seen as gibson aligning with a pretty suspect character in spite of his contribution to music.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

i have 850 posts on this board and i know two of those guys. as soon as the marketshare includes more than you and maybe one of your buddies (if the price is right) i dont see why we'd put out a signature guitar of a style no one plays anymore from a guy that died 41 years ago (Bill Haley). would love a hank williams SJ but i imagine his untimely demise would be seen as gibson aligning with a pretty suspect character in spite of his contribution to music.

My point was, Gibson has a tendency to put out artist models honoring people that, in my opinion, haven't contributed enough to warrant it. I was being sarcastic, wondering why those other Gibson players haven't gotten their signature models yet.

And Bill Haley died 42 years ago.

7 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

My point was, Gibson has a tendency to put out artist models honoring people that, in my opinion, haven't contributed enough to warrant it. I was being sarcastic, wondering why those other Gibson players haven't gotten their signature models yet.

And Bill Haley died 42 years ago.

As seemingly the only person that has bought the epi zephyr so far, i would be all for these sig models, but i may just be your buddy in my example! And clearly a sig model is not a rite of passage into the guitar hall of fame, it's a way to tap into the overlapping circles of guitar players, money havers, and fans of _____.

Sheryl Crow may be the only signature (in recent memory) that people bought because of the quality of the instrument vs. fandom, and over on the dark side the best recent example is the johnny marr jag which is far and away the best signature guitar i've encountered in my time. apart from that time i played a nick lucas i guess

Edited by cunningham26

3 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Where’s the Steve Goodman LG?

Don Gibson Super 400?

Bill Haley Super 400?

Hank Williams SJ?

Del Reeves SJ?

What about the Bill Nelson ES-345. Nope a Barbie Blue Guitar. Bill plays guitar, Miranda she may strum it, but did she inspire you to pick up a guitar, or was it someone else. I’ll bet it was someone else. Page, Hendrix, EVH or Rhodes maybe, not Lambert.

remember the first time you heard Eruption? I sure do I was at my cousins house, and I was floored. I couldn’t name one Miranda Lambert song.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper