Gibson Brands Forums

What is your cause?

pumpkin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overpopulation of right wing nut jobs.

Sterilization programs should be instituted.

Hmm, perhaps a subliminal message circulated during the Rush Limbaugh Show. Like this....

"You are gay, you will never know the love of a woman, you're daddy was mean, you have a small Johnson"

It probably wouldn't matter all that stuff is already true for them.

Overpopulation of right wing nut jobs.

Sterilization programs should be instituted.

Hmm' date=' perhaps a subliminal message circulated during the Rush Limbaugh Show. Like this....

[i']"You are gay, you will never know the love of a woman, you're daddy was mean, you have a small Johnson"[/i]

It probably wouldn't matter all that stuff is already true for them.

+1

....I knew I liked Homz for a reason.

I've never had *one* cause, per se. I'm more of a "wow--there's a big problem here we need to do something about" kind of person.

But if I had to narriow it down, I'm all for pushing whoever I have to push to ensure that everyone under the age of 18 has access to healthcare. Kids don't have a choice as to what their parents do or don't do for a living.

Here is one of my main causes.

http://www.pow-miafamilies.org/update.html

And this is the main reason.

My Dad' date=' on his 24th birthday:

[img']http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/Cruznolfart/Second%20Amendment/IMG_0755.jpg[/img]

thank you for sharing that.

veterans issues are important to me as well.

my dad was in the 101st Airborne in Vietnam. i will post some pics in a few.

I've never had *one* cause' date=' per se. I'm more of a "wow--there's a big problem here we need to do something about" kind of person.

But if I had to narriow it down, I'm all for pushing whoever I have to push to ensure that everyone under the age of 18 has access to healthcare. Kids don't have a choice as to what their parents do or don't do for a living.[/quote']

thats a good way to be. and i agree... our children need healthcare.

My cause is kids. I wish I could make life better for kids who have life threatening illnesses, who are less fortunate financially, etc. In fact, starting this week I have begun donating a portion of each sale of each book to various charities to help children. The biggest charity I'll be donating to is St. Judes.

It isn't much, but it is a beginning. If what little I'm able to do helps at least one kid or one family, then that's a good start.

Cruznolfart' date=' your picture is so moving.

here are a few pics of a scrapbook i made for my daddy using his old pics:

[img']http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/pumpkinpea/daddy%20sb/sb64.jpg[/img]

sb42.jpg

sb32.jpg

sb22.jpg

sb12.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb53.jpg

Excellent job, pumpkin, you honor your Father's service. It's important and, unfortunately, not often acknowledged in time. My Dad didn't start out as a soldier but as a musician. WWII changed everything for him and he spent the next 36 years in the Army. We didn't always see eye to eye but I'm grateful we survived ourselves and each other and were able to come together as friends and, to some small extent, equals before his time came to leave. He died on Memorial Day, 1998, in the VA hospital in San Jose. My family has worn the uniform of our country for no fewer than 6 generations that I know of. My older Son is still serving, a major in the U.S. Army. (oddly, we don't see eye to eye on everything. =D> )

Please extend to your Father the thanks and welcome-home from one old Dogface to another. He'll know what I mean.

Excellent job' date=' pumpkin, you honor your Father's service. It's important and, unfortunately, not often acknowledged in time. My Dad didn't start out as a soldier but as a musician. WWII changed everything for him and he spent the next 36 years in the Army. We didn't always see eye to eye but I'm grateful we survived ourselves and each other and were able to come together as friends and, to some small extent, equals before his time came to leave. He died on Memorial Day, 1998, in the VA hospital in San Jose. My family has worn the uniform of our country for no fewer than 6 generations that I know of. My older Son is still serving, a major in the U.S. Army. (oddly, we don't see eye to eye on everything. =D> )

Please extend to your Father the thanks and welcome-home from one old Dogface to another. He'll know what I mean.[/quote']

will do.

and thank you to you and your family too.

as i said in my original post, animals are my cause... i also just got involved last year with Patriot Paws. its a great organization that trains/places service dogs with disabled veterans.

Archived