Gibson Brands Forums

What is your cause?

pumpkin

I volunteer here and there, teaching English Hispanics or teaching Spanish to Americans.

Also have volunteered at the Rescue Mission feeding homeless.

My wife and I recycle as much as we can, sadly there is not a program where we live so we collect and drop off the stuff ourselves.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several, but my favorite is Shriners Hospitals.

If a child is eligible for care, there is no charge whatsoever to the family regardless of whether they have health insurance or not. In fact, if the parent(s) has no way of taking their child to the hospital, the Shriners will arrange for free transportation as well.

My wife and I both donate (individually) to the A.S.P.C.A "Guardian Angel" program.

If i'm ever able to (semi) retire, I want to go back to school and become an officer for whatever local

Humane Law Enforcement program that I can.

We have 6 "k-9 kids" that are basically our only family, (no children, living).

We both also want to volunteer at our local "no kill" animal shelter, the L.A.W (league for animal welfare) but our work shifts won't permit that yet.

Guardian Angels, Speaking Up for those that can't speak for themselves.

ASPCA, We are their voice.

Mine is more selfish. Because there's no one that gives a damn about it, but me. No one takeing money up for it. going to conventions or whatever. Thats taking care of my wife and myself. About everything else going on in the world. Don't care. Ain't got no dogs in that fight. =P~

which one would it be .... you are gay/ you'll never know the love of a woman/ your daddy was mean/ you have a small johnson/ or all of the above?

It's because of my superior knowledge on guitars, music, and the genius that is me. I thought that was obvious. :-s

Since having a liver transplant in Jan, getting people to enroll to be an organ donor is very dear to my heart. With over 100K folks on the list to receive a transplant that will save their life, only 25K - 35K will be fortunate enough to receive the life saving organ they need over the course of a year. A new person is added to the waiting list every 11 minutes.

I'll take this opportunity to ask all of you to sign up to be a donor, or at least consider it. You can sign-up online, its simple and so very needed. Here is a link where you can sign up: http://www.donatelife.net/CommitToDonation/

I wouldn't be here had it not been for the unselfish decision that my donor made when he signed up to be a donor. I can tell you first hand that nothing you ever give to someone will be as appreciated as a life saving organ.

Since having a liver transplant in Jan' date=' getting people to enroll to be an organ donor is very dear to my heart. With over 100K folks on the list to receive a transplant that will save their life, only 25K - 35K will be fortunate enough to receive the life saving organ they need over the course of a year. A new person is added to the waiting list every 11 minutes.

I'll take this opportunity to ask all of you to sign up to be a donor, or at least consider it. You can sign-up online, its simple and so very needed. Here is a link where you can sign up: http://www.donatelife.net/CommitToDonation/

I wouldn't be here had it not been for the unselfish decision that my donor made when he signed up to be a donor. I can tell you first hand that [u']nothing[/u] you ever give to someone will be as appreciated as a life saving organ.

I am an organ donors. Wicked is to be donated to for medical school students to carve on. She went to medical school and had all sorts of stories about her adventures.

Since having a liver transplant in Jan' date=' getting people to enroll to be an organ donor is very dear to my heart. With over 100K folks on the list to receive a transplant that will save their life, only 25K - 35K will be fortunate enough to receive the life saving organ they need over the course of a year. A new person is added to the waiting list every 11 minutes.

I wouldn't be here had it not been for the unselfish decision that my donor made when he signed up to be a donor. I can tell you first hand that [u']nothing[/u] you ever give to someone will be as appreciated as a life saving organ.

couple questions:

i have it on my drivers license that i am a donor. is that good enough? isnt it still up to the family after you die?

My wife and I both donate (individually) to the A.S.P.C.A "Guardian Angel" program.

If i'm ever able to (semi) retire' date=' I want to go back to school and become an officer for whatever local

Humane Law Enforcement program that I can.

We have 6 "k-9 kids" that are basically our only family, (no children, living).

We both also want to volunteer at our local "no kill" animal shelter, the L.A.W (league for animal welfare) but our work shifts won't permit that yet.

Guardian Angels, Speaking Up for those that can't speak for themselves.

ASPCA, We are their voice.

[/quote']

STANDING *O*

couple questions:

i have it on my drivers license that i am a donor. is that good enough? isnt it still up to the family after you die?

If you have it on your license, you are a donor, and yes the family has the option to refuse prior to any organ being harvested.

I salute you in your choice to "Give Life". =P~=D> =D> +:-@

Ultimately, the family makes the decision which is why it's important to make sure your family knows your intentions. As you might imagine, there are only a few situations when organ donation is possible--you have to have brain death, but a beating heart (essentially). It can be very traumatic for a spouse or child to have to think about what to do when put in that position.

And I thought Homz had already told he would not give me to science, but it doesn't preclude donation. I better talk to him about that. I know my cadaver was missing a few organs due to surgery and the table next to us had a suicide and the entire top of his head was gone. There's usually enough cadavers in the lab that you can find somebody who has an organ that yours is missing.

Archived