Gibson Brands Forums

The Incredible Expanding Pick Guard

SteveFord

14 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I find it amazing that some of the HUGE artists, (like Bob Dylan, and others almost as big) who were forced to sell their catalogs of music....because of the pandemic, they couldn't perform....so they couldn't support their lifestyle.    I like some of these artist's compositions....but don't feel sorry for them even a little.  Now, the Hollywood actors are out on strike.... again, some of them won't be able to support their lifestyle.....so they'll have to do something....(sell their bodies?).   I have a very close friend on the picket lines there, so I don't want to say too much that's negative.... but maybe they should have considered the ups and downs of the entertainment industry before they bought their $6M home on credit, or financed their 12th Mercedes. (think MC Hammer).

I don't know if the big stars are selling their catalogs due to excessive lifestyles, except David Crosby. The rest I think just realize they are at the end of their lives and might as well get something they can pass on to their deserving in-laws. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NighthawkChris said:

I’m going to quit music because politics. Yeah that’ll show em! Is this what we call virtue signaling? I should make a business selling soap boxes - I’d be able to afford a new LP

If quitting due to politics, there should have been about 25 mega stars, and 100's of more of the smaller fish that should have done it when the Donald has his 4 years. I would not miss Neil, Bruce, U2 and a slew of other they wanted to quit. 

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don't know if the big stars are selling their catalogs due to excessive lifestyles, except David Crosby. The rest I think just realize they are at the end of their lives and might as well get something they can pass on to there deserving in-laws. 

You could be right.  My friend is the sound guy for The Tubes.... and they were CERTAINLY not as huge as some, but they were crying "poor" for the last several years because they couldn't tour.    I think owning a catalog of great songs would be more sure of providing one's children of future income, as opposed to a crap-load of money that'll be taxed at 50%, then when the estate is probated, the IRS and State (I'm talking about California), will get 50% of THAT!

• Upvote 1

Oh boy I didn’t watch the political thing cause I really don’t care but I did try to listen to that “song”.. 

It made me feel the same way I feel when my Mexican coworkers squirt some ketchup on boiled noodles and call it spaghetti. I’m not eating it, I shouldn’t care, but it’s such a bastardization of something that I love in its proper form. 

That’s not music. It has some characteristics which are similar to music 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Oh boy I didn’t watch the political thing cause I really don’t care but I did try to listen to that “song”.. 

It made me feel the same way I feel when my Mexican coworkers squirt some ketchup on boiled noodles and call it spaghetti. I’m not eating it, I shouldn’t care, but it’s such a bastardization of something that I love in its proper form. 

That’s not music. It has some characteristics which are similar to music 

They could at least have the decency to squirt salsa on those noodles.     

Characteristics similar to music ..  that's charitable !        As similar as  ketchup is to Italian Pasta sauce.    "Music should be felt, not heard."    Otherwise -its' not music, it's noise!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

From Pickguards to Politics to Pasta to  Posers.   Welcome to Social Media and Free Speech !  I bet there's lots of multi-millionaires who don't care what's discussed here. Probably 99.9% of them.  Doesn't mean we should shut up and sit down if we don't like someone's music.  She puts it out there - the implication being she wants feedback.  You're right - she doesn't come here for it.  Probably Facebook, X, etc. 

On 10/21/2023 at 8:17 PM, ghost_of_fl said:

Somewhere off in the distance, a 23-year-old multi-millionaire cries herself to sleep in her mansion because she has failed to earn the respect of the Gibson forum flies. 😭

Let’s be honest her music is weapons grade psychological torture type dogshit

That could easily replace water boarding in Guantanamo but it’d be too unethical 

If I were forced to listen to her music I would do anything to kill myself 

• Thanks 1