Gibson Brands Forums

The Incredible Expanding Pick Guard

SteveFord

On 9/17/2023 at 3:46 AM, sparquelito said:

I'm sorry.

I'm trying to focus on the guitar and pick guard, but the gal in that little skin-tight outfit keeps distracting my eyes.

🤔

Up top she could have made it a bit tighter, but not much. She is probably one of those women who distain men and is some unpronounceable gender.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don't even know who that is. Is she in the country, pop, rock , or rap genera?

If young guys make Bro Country, then what are the young females making , Girlfriend Country?

Her name is Maren Morris.

I'll let you look her up on Google, without any sort of commentary from me.

😐

3 hours ago, gearbasher said:

From a huge pickguard to none.

mgid:arc:imageassetref:cmt.com:22ddd548-

From Country music to none. She said she is leaving the genera. One reason the Orange Guy. The other reasons have been around for a long time and are not going anywhere. This YT vid is recent, not from years ago.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Hi.  I don't post here.  This was a massive hit, if anything you would know this song:

Seriously I have never heard that song till right now, and you have 2.6k post here and just did.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Dispute Morris claims was the final straw - was actually started by her.   Jason Aldean's wife  posted something that basically said  "I'm glad my parents didn't change my gender when I went through my 'tomboy' phase." .  Being married to the guy who hit #1 for  "Try That In A Small Town",  she got some flak.  Most notably from Morris, who rose to the challenge and called Aldean's  wife a 'skumbhag' on social media.  (spelling masked to protect those so innocent they don't know what it means).   Because she wasn't respecting LGBTQers.       So, it's just another example of how our country is being divided.      Didn't bother reading the FOX article - there's enough on this everywhere else. People taking sides based on the media spins.    I miss the good old days - before 'social media'. 

Amazingly enough....I never heard of her, and therefore won't miss her.

I often wonder why people have to "proclaim" they're leaving something, (like this forum).   You just don't show up anymore!

It's too bad if you disagree with someone now, you're a ----bag, or 'against' something.   Not sure there's a fix for this problem in the world today.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Is this a real thread?

Its real, it just took the proverbial Gibson Forum turn. It started out where she had a huge pickguard, and like the 5 year old we are,  some of us wanted to point and laugh. I looked her up cause I had no clue who she was, and the net was all a buzz that whoever this megola-star is,she is leaving the Country genera. Wow, I for one will not miss her a bit, since I've managed to miss her up until now, and have been doing just fine without her.  She is easy on the eye's especially in a rubber dress.  What genera are you going to go into next, and then get mad at due to stuff beyond your control, like who the POTUS was for 4 years, or how Nashville really is, or Jason Aldean's dumb video and song. The music biz is gonna be the same no matter what genera your doing. They signed you to a contract you did not have to sign. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

Amazingly enough....I never heard of her, and therefore won't miss her.

I often wonder why people have to "proclaim" they're leaving something, (like this forum).   You just don't show up anymore!

It's too bad if you disagree with someone now, you're a ----bag, or 'against' something.   Not sure there's a fix for this problem in the world today.

Its like all the actors and musicians that said they would leave the USA is The Orange Messiah got in office. He did and they didn't. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its like all the actors and musicians that said they would leave the USA is The Orange Messiah got in office. He did and a they didn't. 

I find it amazing that some of the HUGE artists, (like Bob Dylan, and others almost as big) who were forced to sell their catalogs of music....because of the pandemic, they couldn't perform....so they couldn't support their lifestyle.    I like some of these artist's compositions....but don't feel sorry for them even a little.  Now, the Hollywood actors are out on strike.... again, some of them won't be able to support their lifestyle.....so they'll have to do something....(sell their bodies?).   I have a very close friend on the picket lines there, so I don't want to say too much that's negative.... but maybe they should have considered the ups and downs of the entertainment industry before they bought their $6M home on credit, or financed their 12th Mercedes. (think MC Hammer).