Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG standard stopbar set too low?

Toastman

I've honestly never notice a bit of difference between the string touching the back of the bridge and not touching.

I bought it to the whole thing, and tried it out, spent the time trying to A/B it all, and eventually decided I would just set it back to where the bar usually is set   about 1/4 " of the body

On 10/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, kidblast said:

I've honestly never notice a bit of difference between the string touching the back of the bridge and not touching.

I bought it to the whole thing, and tried it out, spent the time trying to A/B it all, and eventually decided I would just set it back to where the bar usually is set   about 1/4 " of the body

It's a rabbit hole I've deliberately avoided. 

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

It's a rabbit hole I've deliberately avoided. 

it totally is...  setups are personal things  we should do what works for us, and our instruments,

everyone has a different touch and way they go about things

(I still don't think strings making contact behind the saddle matters....  \:D/ )

On 10/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, kidblast said:

1/4" measured from body to....where? Bottom of TP? this ring on the post above the thread?