Gibson Brands Forums

Owie ow ow!

wicked1

Man, I really busted my leg up last weekend! I'll spare you the visuals cause it's loads worse than guitarest's knee. I have a roughly 6-inch cut along my shin and I think it's trying to get infected. Guess I'm going to have to haul my behind over to the doctor tomorrow. It sucks being clumsy!

How the heck did you do that? Gawd' date=' that's awful. Sorry to hear of this. Hydrogen peroxide works like a d*** but it stings ALOT! I swear by the stuff tho'..... it works and no scar afterward. [/quote']

Yep--I just finished the little bottle of peroxide and bought the 1 qt size today.

We went out Saturday night to see some friends. They have these crazy uneven concrete steps leading from their yard to the gravel path where we were parked. It was dark. I'm a klutz (and I may have been a bit tipsy as well ;) ). I hit the bottom step the wrong way--obviously--and I *flopped* forward. I think my leg must've actually hit the step cause I know I didn't scoot along the gravels. But I hit everything from feet to face and there are cuts and bruises and abrasions everywhere.

About once a year, we go to the ER for some stupid fall that I've had. I know they think Homz beats me. (Which he doesn't, btw).

Damn Girl I was joking about who could get the most screwed up knee before the end of the month. Mine is all bruises but I also am slated for knee replacement surgery now.

Come on lets see some pics.....

Hope it works out for ya and starts to getting better.

What can I say? I'm an overachiever!

Yep--I just finished the little bottle of peroxide and bought the 1 qt size today.

We went out Saturday night to see some friends. They have these crazy uneven concrete steps leading from their yard to the gravel path where we were parked. It was dark. I'm a klutz (and I may have been a bit tipsy as well :) ). I hit the bottom step the wrong way--obviously--and I *flopped* forward. I think my leg must've actually hit the step cause I know I didn't scoot along the gravels. But I hit everything from feet to face and there are cuts and bruises and abrasions everywhere.

About once a year' date=' we go to the ER for some stupid fall that I've had. I know they think Homz beats me. (Which he doesn't, btw).[/quote']

OMG, I'm envisioning that as you're describing it. When I worked in the hospital, we used to keep the peroxide in the fridge because it maintained its strength better/longer (3 months). Maybe you already do that? As for the bruises/cuts, go for the sympathy bit.... now's the time to really capitalize on your injuries and pain! ;)

Thanks for the tip on the peroxide. I had never heard that before. Believe me, I'm trying to capitalize on the injuries! I left a little trail of blood through the house Sunday cause the cut kept re-opening when I would walk. And yet, rather than help me when he thought the furnace was on fire today, Homz says "Grab the Les Pauls!"

Please thats childs play..........

Little boo boo' date=' hey milk it and get Roger to do everything for ya

[/quote']

It's 2/3 of my leg! And it's deep.

He won't do jack for me. He griped at me for getting blood on the mattress. Of course, until Monday morning, he thought it was just a little scratch........

The workings of the female mind laid bear' date=' there you have it gentlemen. Look out Homz could be a trip to the Guitar imporium for you my friend.[/quote']

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Wicked1, have you got any of that old navy blue eyeshadow hanging around the house? I still have mine somewhere. Dab a little of that around the edges. Personally, I think it's bad enough the way it is, but if you really want that new ___________ (fill in the item of your desire).....!

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Wicked1' date=' have you got any of that old navy blue eyeshadow hanging around the house? I still have mine somewhere. Dab a little of that around the edges. Personally, I think it's bad enough the way it is, but if you really want that new ___________ (fill in the item of your desire).....![/quote']

Oh, it's bruised all on its own! It just didn't show up well in the pic. I actually did get a hug & kiss out of him earlier. Mostly he just jokes about he's going to call me "Eileen" when my leg falls off.

You need to go to see your primary care provider ASAP.

That doesn't look good.

I agree. In all seriousness, a few years back a friend of mine worked in construction and fell and cut his leg while at work. He did not seek medical attention and I won't tell you what happened. Things can get infected and out of hand very quickly.

Yuck, I have to look at that leg while your changing bandages and now in the lounge too.

Believe me, all. I am a whole lot nicer to her in person then she wants to admit. She tries to make me look bad so I will let her sit in my lap and blow in her ear.

BTW, did someone say "high maintenance".

Yuck' date=' I have to look at that leg while your changing bandages and now in the lounge too.

[i']Believe me, all. I am a whole lot nicer to her in person then she wants to admit. She tries to make me look bad so I will let her sit in my lap and blow in her ear. [/i]

BTW, did someone say "high maintenance".

I think everyone around here knows you well enough to know that I must actually love your crabby ***! And I am *not* high maintenance.

Can I sit in your lap??? ;)

Yeah, I think RS1959 has a thing or two he can offer on the subject.

On a little lighter note, maybe he can second my caution about alcohol and crutches....

:-)

Picture this;

You're on crutches.

You're at a party with lots of people.

You're numbed with alcohol.

You're assuring everybody around that this new 'crutches thing' isn't slowing you down.

You're at the top of the stairs.

Do you

A. put your crutches down on the next level before you step off?

B. simply step off and have the crutches wedge in your armpits while your feet dangle uselessly in thin air?

If you choose B., then your slow-motion fall forward with under-arm pole-vaulting apparatus will be spectacular.

I didn't even touch a stair until I was going about 100 mph, and impacted the bottom two.

Nearly tore the damned house down.

Of course, all present were immensely amused and entertained - laughing hysterically.

It took awhile for somebody to ask if I was okay.

Thank God for the numbing effect of alcohol...

Back from the doctor. Turns out, it is healing more like a burn than a cut. So the nasty yellow/green color is normal. WHEW!!! I did get a script for some antibiotics to prevent infection. Unfortunately for Homz, I was told to keep it uncovered as much as possible so he has to continue to see it.

Back from the doctor. Turns out' date=' it is healing more like a burn than a cut. So the nasty yellow/green color is normal. WHEW!!! I did get a script for some antibiotics to prevent infection. Unfortunately for Homz, I was told to keep it uncovered as much as possible so he has to continue to see it.[/quote']

Glad to hear you got the antibiotics. Better to be proactive than reactive! You're on the mend!

Archived