Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Gibson L-00 Original Vintage Sunburst

DaveJTR

4 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Congratulations -   hope it's  a  "Forever Guitar'.   What made you decide on this model ?   How long have you been playing ? 

Thank you everyone!!!

I’ve had way too many guitars, but I will keep this one for-sure because it fills the blues niche.  I’ve been playing a good bit, but not anywhere close to “fortyyears.” 😉

I’ve been getting into small bodies lately.  It took me way too long to have this epiphany.  But I’m glad I’ve found my place.  

If you’re on the fence, I’d take a gander.  It was well worth it!

• Like 1

Beautiful! I’ve owned a few L-00s and enjoyed each one on its own merits. They’re very toneful and user friendly little beasts! My small body fix has been supplied for the last few years by a Sigma copy of a CF-100, which unexpectedly blew me away when I tried it out. Having said that, I will own another L-00 one day. They’re special machines. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 2:13 AM, DaveJTR said:

Lovin' it y'all. If you have any questions about her (or the model in general), then don't be shy. I'll try and answer them my best. It's a good day!!!

53340574918_4dedc12ce1_z.jpg

also check out this site for miami audio visual company

Played a nice Gibson L-00 recently. Don't know a lot about the model, other than a little reading that it was Gibson's least expensive guitar at the time, but still well made. Has X-bracing like Martin uses which was new at the time.  I was impressed with the particular one I played, it had some work done and played well. Spruce top, mahagony back and sides, soft-V neck. Had a reset, re-fret and a crack repair, nothing unusual for its age. Sounded and played very well. Anything particularly to look for in these?

2 hours ago, gibsonchiq said:

what year L-00 is this supposed to be a remake of?

I don't think the original is targeted as a remake of one of a '30's model. Most of the remakes will have features of the '30's such as V-neck shape, a little longer scale length, fabric stays inside the body, wider nut, and wider string spacing at the bridge. The only thing old looking I see on this model is the tuners and logo which I like.

I think the Legend was modeled after Lee Roy Parnell's 1397 L00

I have the 1932 L00 Reissue. I've never read where it was modeled after someone's guitar.

You have a nice looking guitar. It's up to you to make it a classic and have them make reissues of it 50 years from now. Enjoy!