Gibson Brands Forums

Boring

Thundergod

Like saying the forum's been a little boring?

Or Buddy-Light-stupid? (you know, spreading hate, whining about all that is wrong and blaming it all on anyone that hops in)

Ill go home in about 20 minutes, hopefuly I'll have at least some wine there...

I really need some beer... and cant buy it right now (we have elections this sunday and it's against the law too sell alcohol 48 hours before...)

Man, that's over the top. In Illinois they actually prefer you drink before you vote.

How do you think we ended up with the Blago, Obama, the Daileys, ect. George Ryan.

Stop me anytime.....

:-

Murph.

The best one we ever had was a well known actor.

Go figure.

Murph.

Yeah Bill Pullman was a great President. When the aliens came he got in a fighter plane and fought them with everyone else like a real American.

Wait...am I confusing real life with Independence Day again?

Its getting less and less about guitars.....Im with you Thunder.

I think its all been said' date=' and all the questions have been asked.[/quote']

Why do guitar players insist on seeking out and worshiping guitars based on technology that is 50 years old?

It has not been **about guitars** since I started viewing it. There is no outstanding characteristic about it. No redeeming social value at all. But I have also noticed that there are NOT POSTS for amplifiers and pickups. Most of the other forums are basically ignored. Acoustic is active and Les Paul is active and SG is active. But then .. that is probably about ALL that is relevant about Gibson guitars.

There are very few guitar-maker forums that as as GOOD as the acoustic section. None of the amplifier forums seem to know anything about amplifiers and same for pickups. People rave about pickups but know NOTHING about them -- not even why they sound better than the ones they don't rave about.

Good marketing can make people believe the key to happiness is they type of toilet paper they use or that there is a real difference in beer that is made in the same vat but has a diferent label. (And they will swear THEIR beer tastes better)(most American beer is made with rice, not wheat, then pasteurized and carbonated like soda pop -- they do not compare with British, German or Irish beers).

The same marketing is NEEDED to make people think this pickup is better than that pickup without any idea how they work. But they will argue about it (on forums). Same thing for amps (other than turn it on and adjust the knobs, what do users know about amplifiers?) Go to the Guitar Center and the sales people cannot even tell you what is different -- other than price and volume.

So acoustic guitar has a lot of great guitar discussion -- maybe the best anywhere. The rest of this "board" is pretty much a waste of time.

None of the amplifier forums seem to know anything about amplifiers and same for pickups. People rave about pickups but know NOTHING about them -- not even why they sound better than the ones they don't rave about.

I was unaware that one was required to be an expert on a subject before posting to a message board regarding that subject. Perhaps music gear forums should be left to only those who feel they are authorities on the topics.

It has not been **about guitars** since I started viewing it. There is no outstanding characteristic about it. No redeeming social value at all. But I have also noticed that there are NOT POSTS for amplifiers and pickups. Most of the other forums are basically ignored. Acoustic is active and Les Paul is active and SG is active. But then .. that is probably about ALL that is relevant about Gibson guitars.

There are very few guitar-maker forums that as as GOOD as the acoustic section. None of the amplifier forums seem to know anything about amplifiers and same for pickups. People rave about pickups but know NOTHING about them -- not even why they sound better than the ones they don't rave about.

Good marketing can make people believe the key to happiness is they type of toilet paper they use or that there is a real difference in beer that is made in the same vat but has a diferent label. (And they will swear THEIR beer tastes better)(most American beer is made with rice' date=' not wheat, then pasteurized and carbonated like soda pop -- they do not compare with British, German or Irish beers).

The same marketing is NEEDED to make people think this pickup is better than that pickup without any idea how they work. But they will argue about it (on forums). Same thing for amps (other than turn it on and adjust the knobs, what do users know about amplifiers?) Go to the Guitar Center and the sales people cannot even tell you what is different -- other than price and volume.

So acoustic guitar has a lot of great guitar discussion -- maybe the best anywhere. The rest of this "board" is pretty much a waste of time. [/quote']

I take it you are one of the frequent users of the acoustic forum...=D>

I was unaware that one was required to be an expert on a subject before posting to a message board regarding that subject. Perhaps music gear forums should be left to only those who feel they are authorities on the topics.

Imagine that...

Les Paul and Jimmy on the les paul section... Angus and Tony Iommy on the SG section... and even then, those guys (aside from Les himself) probably don't know much about the stuff they use... they only use it propperly.

I guess we should erase our accounts now... we clearly are not worthy.=D>

Good marketing can make people believe the key to happiness is they type of toilet paper they use or that there is a real difference in beer that is made in the same vat but has a diferent label. (And they will swear THEIR beer tastes better)(most American beer is made with rice' date=' not wheat, then pasteurized and carbonated like soda pop -- they do not compare with British, German or Irish beers).

So acoustic guitar has a lot of great guitar discussion -- maybe the best anywhere. The rest of this "board" is pretty much a waste of time. [/quote']

I've never seen so much written about a waste of time =D>

Archived