Gibson Brands Forums

What model is this and is it real?

Jos

Doesn't look to be real Gibson.  The label shows no model designation and is the wrong shape.  Bound headstock, block inlays, heel cap, belly down bridge........doesn't look right at all.  Still, it might be a good player and serve the purpose.

2 hours ago, Buc McMaster said:

Doesn't look to be real Gibson.  The label shows no model designation and is the wrong shape.  Bound headstock, block inlays, heel cap, belly down bridge........doesn't look right at all.  Still, it might be a good player and serve the purpose.

Well, as long as it didn’t cost anywhere near real Gibson coin. 

1 hour ago, 62burst said:

I am againts misspellings on the soundhole  label.

So the folks that send me the phishing email banking offers, riddled with typos, have branched out  into guitar labels? Diversification, the key to business success.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

So the folks that send me the phishing email banking offers, riddled with typos, have branched out  into guitar labels? Diversification, the key to business success.  

I guess cereal number dont apply on knock offs.  😁

• Haha 1

Hi again Jos. Understand your curiosity and why you may be tempted. But if you want a Gibson you should probably pass. . 

Good Luck

Thanks guys for the advise. 
I’m gonna pass this one and hold ground to my (original) 335. 

From the beginning this guitar didn’t felt quite right and now I have the confirmation. 

Have a since Sunday y’all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jos said:

Thanks guys for the advise. 
I’m gonna pass this one and hold ground to my (original) 335. 

From the beginning this guitar didn’t felt quite right and now I have the confirmation. 

Have a since Sunday y’all. 

Good to hear.  Don’t know about you, but I thinks it’s pretty cool how our spidey sense can pick up on warning signs that we aren’t even consciously seeing. Keep up the hunt!