Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Want A Double Neck?

Sweet.  I can pay a  fortune to go from sucking on a 6 string to sucking on a 12 string without having to take the time to change guitars.   Works for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx-ogre said:

Sweet.  I can pay a  fortune to go from sucking on a 6 string to sucking on a 12 string without having to take the time to change guitars.   Works for me.

tx-ogre,

And if you ever tire of either part, you can saw it off and sell it, and still have a guitar to play.

Is that great or what?

RBSinTo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dave F said:

I had a double neck. Not a Gibson but Gretsch. It was made for a much younger man. Too heavy to stand with and too big to sit with. It was nice looking.

52767606440_927d58b830_z.jpg

Dave,

Double necked guitars always remind me of conjoined twins.

Feh. Not for me.

RBSinTo

• Like 2

These must’ve been pretty popular because they’re pretty scarce..

They’re not for me, I can’t stand hauling my Firebird V around in the Trunk sized Case.. But, if anyone is interested… Check out this Epi Double Neck G-1275.. Pretty good deal..

https://reverb.com/item/79095298-epiphone-g-1275-custom-1996-2019-cherry

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 7:11 PM, RBSinTo said:

tx-ogre,

And if you ever tire of either part, you can saw it off and sell it, and still have a guitar to play.

Is that great or what?

RBSinTo

If I remember correctly, the double neck is notorious for neck dive.  If it was too extreme, sawing off one of the necks might solve the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

I ANIMAL!!!!

Wrong thread. We have one for Animal, plus he's a drummer, and couldn't pick up a 45 pound double neck with a hand shoved up his buttocks. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wrong thread. We have one for Animal, plus he's a drummer, and couldn't pick up a 45 pound double neck with a hand shoved up his buttocks. 

I know. I just figured it would liven things up.

6 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I know. I just figured it would liven things up.

So how different is the J P one going to be compared to the Slash one they did? Color? Pups? Price? Its gonna be an over grown SG with 2 necks, 18 strings and 4 pups.

Why doesn't Alex Lifeson get one. I saw him play that white one he has on the song Xanadu almost every time I saw Rush.

Don Felder too, a white one. It could be the F U Don Henley model.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So how different is the J P one going to be compared to the Slash one they did? Color? Pups? Price? Its gonna be an over grown SG with 2 necks, 18 strings and 4 pups.

Why doesn't Alex Lifeson get one. I saw him play that white one he has on the song Xanadu almost every time I saw Rush.

Don Felder too, a white one. It could be the F U Don Henley model.

I can't imagine them selling many JP doublenecks, because, well, not many people want a doubleneck guitar, and it's gonna be expensive too.

20 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I can't imagine them selling many JP doublenecks, because, well, not many people want a doubleneck guitar, and it's gonna be expensive too.

There is a guy on here who works for Gibson, he said in a post Gibson sells ever guitar they make. Now once the guitar leaves the factory, and goes to Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Musikhaus Thomann or any others, then technically the guitar I believe is sold, cause Gibson has been paid, and the guitar is the stores property or problem now.

The J P double neck customs are probably going to be so expensive they will only make 5 or so. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1