Gibson Brands Forums

Fulltone USA

Fulltone is back in business. 
Before you start whining about micro aggressions and sniveling about Mike Fuller I just want to say I don’t give a hoot about your wokeass opinion. 
These pedals are some of the best I’ve ever played. They do exactly what they are supposed to do and the build quality is top shelf. 
if you use Fulltone pedals, what’s your favorite?

I have three, no four, that I love the most:

OCD

Deja Vibe

’69 Slight Return classic fuzz face

Rangemaster Treble boost

Edited by Californiaman

lol did he get in some trouble with the PC police or something?

The only thing he did that I really liked was remaking the Echoplex. Nothing sounds like a reel tape echo (see what I did there) and he did a great job on that. 

The OCD has at least 4 different versions but I’m not a big fan. The Fuzz Face and Rangemaster are too generic to assign any credit to Fulltone but a good example of either are always fun

10 minutes ago, Californiaman said:

Fulltone is back in business. 
Before you start whining about micro aggressions and sniveling about Mike Fuller I just want to say I don’t give a hoot about your wokeass opinion. 
These pedals are some of the best I’ve ever played. They do exactly what they are supposed to do and the build quality is top shelf. 
if you use Fulltone pedals, what’s your favorite?

I have three, no four, that I love the most:

OCD

Deja Vibe

’69 Slight Return classic fuzz face

Rangemaster Treble boost

Woke A-ss Opinion. Coming it hot, nice.

I don’t even know who Mike Fuller is, the owner maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

The guy escaped from Cali, like Kurt Russell?
Have the OCD on the Amplitube platform ... one of my favorites for overdriving. 

Looks like this is what happened:
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/fulltone-relaunchess-as-fulltone-usa

I left Cali of my own free will. I actually like the physical state, but what has happened, is has been ruined by many many idiots, politicians, and the stupid agenda that they all have.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

In the 90's he was way worse on the newsgroups.  I went around with him a lot of times, as did everyone else.  I still used his pedals, 2 OCD, they were 2 of the best ODs I ever used.

rct

Posted (edited)

Y1Ng1Vj.jpg

Yeah, I know.  I'm Fulltone Fan for sure.

I own 10 pedals by Fulltone. I expect to get one more, the Supa-Wah pedal, before I really cool my jets and start putting my pedalboard together.

Not all of these will go on my pedalboard as I have others, but I imagine the Soul Bender, OCD, Full-Drive 3, Deja-Vibe and the Ranger Treble Boost will end up there.

Still, if you want to do Jimi Hendrix, the Deja Vibe, 69 Fuzz, Octafuzz and a good wah pedal  is what you'll need, so we'll see. It's a work in progress.

Edited by Californiaman
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really liking putting a quality pedalboard together.

Most of the front end stuff on my board is going to Fulltone products.

Here's a photo from NAMM this year. Brad Jackson from Jackson Audio has taken over the build process for Mike Fuller.  Jackson Audio builds some quality pedals too.

Brad Jackson, Californian, and Mike Fuller

Hz3bV3Jt.jpg

Never knew he closed shop and was accused of making distasteful comments. 

Gotta be careful. Seems like people are always looking for something to protest about..... It's been that way in the USA as long as I can remember.

I think my generation was able to bleed off some of that energy by going to concerts. Rock N Roll / Metal concerts were a great way to rebel against the Man without having to burn things down.

Funny I clearly remember all those insane Holly Rollers and Senate dickheads calling all Heavy Metalers Devil Worshippers. lol... We thought they were just lame and bored individuals.

I agree with you on concerts being a great way to blow off steam.  The arena shows, outdoor venues, and stadium shows were great for that, especially in the OC and LA area.  Being that I'm a little older now it's the more intimate shows that I prefer.  Thinking about Richie Kotzen May 17 in Agoura Hills.  I like places like San Juan Capistrano's Coach House, The Canyon in AH or the Celebrity Theater in Anaheim.  It's worth the travel when you get great seats. 

I think the last big show I went to was way back in the mid '90s.  That's when I was an A&E writer for a newspaper in OC.  Might have been the KROQ Weenie Roast and before that Lalapalooza, both at Irvine Meadows.

Still, some of the stadium shows at the LA Coliseum were epic.  U2 and The Who were two great shows.  Some of the all-day shows back then, where multiple bands took the stage well into the night were so memorable.  One in particular featured, Cheap Trick, Molly Hatchet, Black Sabbath (Dio) and Journey wrapped it up.

I remember rolling into the Coliseum parking lot around 8:00 in the morning.  We then proceeded to go looking for beer.  All we could find at the local liquor store was Malt Liquor.  Yikes!  That was day to remember.  Talk about blowing off some steam.

The coach house is cool but you’re either a cover band or a near-death senior citizen if you’re playing there 

My dad took me there to see Asia when I was a little kid lol. I knew nothing about Steve Howe or why my dad liked that cheesy band at the time

I did get to see **** Dale there and in between stories of his colostomy bag etc the boy threw down an incredible performance 

On 3/23/2024 at 10:59 AM, Dub-T-123 said:

Nothing sounds like a reel tape echo (see what I did there) and he did a great job on that. 

s-l1600.jpg

Danelectro did the same thing - at least with the name. 😉 It really doesn't sound very much like a real tape delay, though. 

IMO, you're right - nothing sounds quite like a real tape delay unit (ala the Echoplex, Fulltone Tube Tape Echo, Roland Space Echo, etc.)  or a good studio reel to reel used as a delay.

While that's not my picture or my pedal, I do have one of those Dano Reel Echo pedals, and a few other tape delay emulation pedals, but my favorite "tape delay" is my Otari half track. But I'd still jump on a Tube Tape Echo or an Echoplex in good condition if I ran across one at the right price. 

Just to keep it on topic, my favorite (and currently the only Fulltone pedal I own) is my V1.3 OCD. It's a great overdrive pedal.