Gibson Brands Forums

NRA

djroge1

Brian: Look' date=' you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!

The Crowd (in unison): Yes! We're all individuals!

Brian: You're all different!

The Crowd (in unison): Yes, we are all different!

Man in Crowd: I'm not...

The Crowd: Shhh! [/quote']

Shut up, Big Nose!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not Anti Gun but i think the NRA is pointless.

For a citizen of anyplace other than the USA' date=' particularly a country whose citizens are disarmed, it is.

Why should i sign up for an organization in order to tell people "Hey look here i got guns".

I haven't a clue. But then, you haven't any guns so why worry?

djroge1, thanks for the link. The offer is pared down somewhat from the standard membership, no monthly magazine or other 'gimmes' but that's okay. I was a member for a few years in the 90s so I figured I'd get back in. I'm sure the phone calls will start soon and they will do their best to get the $35 out of me and that's fine. Depending on the checkbook balance at the moment I'll join so I can start getting the Rifleman again.

djroge1, your civic duty is complete.

Good job everybody!

Hey, just the other day I rescued several old computer monitors from the desert.

Somebody threw them out on the side of the road (WHY?) and I knew what would be left if some kids found them.

I was riding home on my motorcycle, so I got the wife's truck and went back to get them.

Disposed of them properly in a construction dumpster just up the road from my house.

djroge1' date=' your civic duty is complete.

Good job everybody!

Hey, just the other day I rescued several old computer monitors from the desert.

Somebody threw them out on the side of the road [b'](WHY?) [/b]and I knew what would be left if some kids found them.

I was riding home on my motorcycle, so I got the wife's truck and went back to get them.

Disposed of them properly in a construction dumpster just up the road from my house.

<pins on medal and hands him a cookie>

djroge1' date=' your civic duty is complete.

Good job everybody!

Somebody threw them out on the side of the road [b'](WHY?) [/b]and I knew what would be left if some kids found them.

Thanks Neo. I was actually a paying member in the past and just let it slip.

I still didn't get any votes for the best avitar though.

<pins on medal and hands him a cookie>

You're not one of those *** holes dumping sh!t on the side of the road are you?

Surely not....

:-)

Probably just one of the millions who will drive past it everyday - maybe b!tching that somebody should clean it up...

Hard to say, judging from that hairdo you're sporting in your avatar pic. Did you get a building permit for that?

Armstrong acrylics are cool guitars though!

"Hey look here' date=' I got guns!"[/b']

1414901899_5acc8054d9.jpg?v=0

Okay, okay.....

I'll stop.

Put a real Barrel and a Hammer on that thing and I'll take it. Or just make it a Model 29 with a 4inch Barrel (Nickel, please. I have very acidic sweat.)

I can just as legitimately make the case that the Second Amendment doesn't say anything about an individual's right carry a concealed weapon' date=' own an assault rifle, etcetera...

.[/quote']

you can. but you're opinion is irrelevent. the SC (and recently the 9th Circuit Court) put this to rest: the 2nd Amendment refers to the citizens' personal right to arms for both personal defense AND defense against foreign and domestic threats, including the federal government. read the rulings- the anti-gun crowd lost on that one. and since individuals have the right to arms, they inherently have the right to carry them. and since the citizenry has the right to defend themselves from the government, that really makes the NFA unconstitutional.

the next few years will prove interesting; i think some laws will be struck down in some blue states.

Put a real Barrel and a Hammer on that thing and I'll take it. Or just make it a Model 29 with a 4inch Barrel (Nickel' date=' please. I have very acidic sweat.)[/quote']

Oh, don't worry....

I have all that stuff too!

The S&W Airweight (642) is purpose-built for concealed carry.

Aluminum, 15 ounces, 1.875" barrel, concealed hammer, even swapped the rubber grips for smooth wood.

Chambered for .38 +P so it's lethal - assuming you can hit what you're aiming at with a snubbie.

The finish is pretty durable, that one is 10 years old.

Oh' date=' don't worry....

I have all that stuff too!

The S&W Airweight (642) is purpose-built for concealed carry.

Aluminum, 15 ounces, 1.875" barrel, concealed hammer, even swapped the rubber grips for smooth wood.

Chambered for .38 +P so it's lethal - assuming you can hit what you're aiming at with a snubbie.

The finish is pretty durable, that one is 10 years old.

[/quote']

I've never shot a snubbie, I think the shortest I ever shot was a .38 with a 3 inch Barrel. That was years ago.

You're not one of those *** holes dumping sh!t on the side of the road are you?

Surely not....

Probably just one of the millions who will drive past it everyday - maybe b!tching that somebody should clean it up...

Hard to say' date=' judging from that hairdo you're sporting in your avatar pic. Did you get a building permit for that?

Armstrong acrylics are cool guitars though!

[/quote'] I surely am not (to answer ur 1st question). To answer the 2nd part, if I did I wouldnt feel the need to come on here and tell everyone to get a pat on the back. But thats right you told me in some previous topic that you dont have an ego complex, I forgot.

Odd that you somehow tried to determine whether or not I am a litterer though from "my hairdo in my avatar pic" (which isn't me by the way, way to assume though=d> ). Didnt know you could determine that from ones hairstyle. Something tells me you do alot of this type of assuming. So i guess to sum it up....+:-@

Are you really that fxcking stupid?

First, let me post again the disclaimer at the very top of the thread....

For those of you who are anti-gun this thread is probably not for you.

Not sure if you're anti-gun or just pissy by nature.

Maybe you relish being perceived as an irritating fly-like insect buzzing around people's heads until they pick up a swatter.

Then you haul ***....

I posted more than one of these in my reply to you ---> :-)

That is largely accepted to indicate HUMOR in the world of keyboards.

I see you missed it completely the first time' date=' so let's go over that again.

[b']:-) is largely accepted to indicate HUMOR in the world of keyboards.[/b]

Maybe I should have done this....

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I am surely am not (to answer ur 1st question).

Yeah' date=' I believe you. Especially now....

To answer the 2nd part' date=' if I did I wouldnt feel the need to come on here and tell everyone to get a pat on the back.[/quote']

There was a reference to doing one's civic duty in that post.

Was the humor too vague for you to catch?

Maybe it's the Spell Of The NeoCon, assuming you're a Liberal, and you just can't help yourself.

Feeling you don't measure up and all.....

But thats right you told me in some previous topic that you dont have an ego complex' date=' I forgot.[/quote']

And here you come to piss in my ear again just to see if it's true.

Fxxx off.

Odd that you somehow tried to determine whether or not I am a litterer though from "my hairdo in my avatar pic" (which isn't me by the way' date=' way to assume though=d> ). Didnt know you could determine that from ones hairstyle. Something tells me you do alot of this type of assuming. So i guess to sum it up....+:-@ [/quote']

Yep, you're an idiot.

Actually' date=' disposing of them [b']properly[/b] would have involved contacting one of the sites located here, not dumping them in some construction companys dumpster.

You did gain proper permission first, right? I mean... you're not here arguing "THAT'S not the way to illegally dump stuff.... THIS is how you illegally dump stuff!"

As for the OP and the NRA : thanks. I'll pass on the freebie; it's the money they really want/need. They serve a purpose. When folks stop trying to take away our guns, we'll no longer need a lobby to speak up for us keeping them. Get it?

(Heavy sigh....)

WTF?

Yes' date=' I know the job superintendent very well.

[/quote']

Hmmm.... still didn't notice "the construction dumpster down the road" on the legal recycle centers. Side of the road, landfill... not much difference.

Are you really that fxcking stupid?

First' date=' let me post again the disclaimer at the very top of the thread....

djroge1 wrote:

For those of you who are anti-gun this thread is probably not for you.

Not sure if you're anti-gun or just pissy by nature.

Maybe you relish being perceived as an irritating fly-like insect buzzing around people's heads until they pick up a swatter.

Then you haul ***....

I posted more than one of these in my reply to you ---> :-)

That is largely accepted to indicate HUMOR in the world of keyboards.

I see you missed it completely the first time, so let's go over that again.

:-) is largely accepted to indicate HUMOR in the world of keyboards.

Maybe I should have done this....

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

bol316 wrote:

I am surely am not (to answer ur 1st question).

Yeah, I believe you. Especially now....

bol316 wrote:

To answer the 2nd part, if I did I wouldnt feel the need to come on here and tell everyone to get a pat on the back.

There was a reference to doing one's civic duty in that post.

Was the humor too vague for you to catch?

Maybe it's the Spell Of The NeoCon, assuming you're a Liberal, and you just can't help yourself.

Feeling you don't measure up and all.....

bol316 wrote:

But thats right you told me in some previous topic that you dont have an ego complex, I forgot.

And here you come to piss in my ear again just to see if it's true.

Fxxx off.

bol316 wrote:

Odd that you somehow tried to determine whether or not I am a litterer though from "my hairdo in my avatar pic" (which isn't me by the way, way to assume though ). Didnt know you could determine that from ones hairstyle. Something tells me you do alot of this type of assuming. So i guess to sum it up....

Yep, you're an idiot.

[/quote'] Wow ok now I am pissy for making observations. Riiiiight. Do you mean pissy like telling a whole guitar board about your local litter problem that YOU had to fix? Wait you're right i forgot the :-) at the end :-) :-) :-) :-). Homz and KSG have the annoying buzzing fly titles nailed down. Homz, ya know, the liberal.

Of course you noticed that i only responded factually to the 1st :-) and not at all to the 2nd (building permit part that was an OBVIOUS joke), right? Proving that I obviously don't get the :-) thing, right ? :-) :-) :-) :-)

By the way, not anti-gun here. Do people need to have assault weapons? Dont think so. But maybe you can prove me wrong :-) :-) :-)

You never did "believe me" by the way, to answer that part :-) :-) :-) :-). Well time for me to fxck off :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Yeah, you're right.

I should have thanked God and the d!ck head that threw them out on the side of the road for me.

Whipped out my 10mm Glock and shot them into a million pieces.

Left all the glass, plastic and various metals to "biodegrade" in the desert sun and be washed into the river nearby.

Yeah, what the fxck was I thinking?

Yeah' date=' you're right.

I should have thanked God and the d!ck head that threw them out on the side of the road for me.

Left all the glass, plastic and various metals to "biodegrade" in the desert sun and be washed into the river nearby.

[/quote'] Or maybe, you should have disposed of them properly, though I find it odd that someone would criticize your effort to do something about it, and perhaps you legitmately didnt know there was a "proper way" to dispose of them. I didnt even know there was a proper way myself. My only comment was the perceived self-glorification (sp?). My point from earlier was maybe you shouldnt have even brought it up at all on here. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Thanks for your advice on my semi-hollow on a seperate topic by the way. Was kinda thinking '57s would be good too. But I like to be open-minded.

ok NOW I will really fxck off :-) :-) :-) :-)

By the way' date=' not anti-gun here. Do people need to have assault weapons? Dont think so. But maybe you can prove me wrong :-) :-) :-)[/quote']

Oh, you're only anti-some guns....

Thanks, I'll seek your advice (as a gun dealer) before I sell to anybody.

Don't need to prove you wrong - millions of gun owners KNOW you are.

Bravo, Einstein!

Well time for me to fxck off :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Please do.

To avoid further derailing this thread with diarrheal driveling and rambling from people who shouldn't even be here, assuming common courtesy and consideration of conversation ever mattered, I'll go elsewhere to reply....

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=239687&

Yeah' date=' you're right.

[/quote']

SEE???? You CAN think like a redneck!! Here in TN, we call that "recyclin'". It USED to be a monitor, THEN it was a target, NOW it's a project for future archeologists!!!

Seriously, not busting your *** too bad Neo, but I used to have to teach proper disposal of PC parts... NiCad batteries, monitors, etc. What you did could have been just fine, and at least prevents an eyesore in the desert, but it was not the legal and proper disposal method.

and this from the guy who says "wrap your old batteries in a disposable diaper. They've been b!tching for years that those things NEVER break down in the ecosystem, so it should keep it safe for all eternity".

Archived