Gibson Brands Forums

Remember when rock music had great riffs, rocked out and had great vocals too?

daveinspain

Not what you saw in the previous video I posted. ;o)

how about this?

Buzzzzzzz!!!! Fail!! That's two fails in one day :- :D The thread clearly says ROCK MUSIC!!! I don't think dancing comes into the picture at all....

What was that thin solid body called?

L-5 or something?

Made in the mid seventies, just for a few years.

Always thought it was an odd designation, easily confused with the fine hollow bodies Gibson made.

Watch the whole video..... Classic!

That was great, but I'm skeptical whether it was all played live. It was just too polished. The vocals seemed live but the guitar and some of the keyboards I think were note-for-note perfect with the studio version +:-@

That was great' date=' but I'm skeptical whether it was all played live. It was just too polished. The vocals seemed live but the guitar and some of the keyboards I think were note-for-note perfect with the studio version =P~ [/quote']

Back then musicians actually had to play and sing live... I think they were just damn good...

Not familiar with the band members names, but I have to wonder why the other 4 didnt say "Dude, why are you wearing your prom tux for the video shoot?" (maybe they did) He really stands out. Heh. Gotta agree on the "at least they played and sang live" part. Lip and music "syncing" is really lame.

Not familiar with the band members names' date=' but I have to wonder why the other 4 didnt say "Dude, why are you wearing your prom tux for the video shoot?" (maybe they did) He really stands out. Heh. Gotta agree on the "at least they played and sang live" part. Lip and music "syncing" is really lame. [/quote']

Well the name of the group is Kansas... So I think the purposely threw in a little mid west camp... If there is such a thing... In other videos the same guitarist is dressed like a cowboy hillbilly type guy...

Archived